Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Purchasing Rekordbox using CDJ-900's

Will the new $129.00 support my CDJ-900's from 2009 and work on windows 10?

I only ask this because I have to keep a windows7 laptop around to play my CDJ's. It's never worked with Windows10 and I don't want to download it or get locked out of my version 3.3 due to licensing.

Also why don't I get it for free and if not why am I not grandfathered in?

Casnik77

Please sign in to leave a comment.

23 comments

You say "they work fine" but they don't.

I'll just test it myself and if it doesn't work I'll try again, hopefully without being picked on for not having the latest hardware.

Casnik77 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Doesn't work with 900's. I still get a link and I still don't get them in the link window. Yes I've checked and enabled all programs, disabled firewall, wireless, etc. back to Windows7

Casnik77 0 votes

now if you would like to know where you should start, lets stop harping on stupid shit and move on.

couple of things I would check

1. make sure you have the latest 4.32 CDJ fw installed
  2. install Rekordbox 3 again and see if it works with 3 at all on Windows 10 to eliminate if its a 3.0 issue or 4.0
  3. reboot everything, connect 1 cdi-900 directly to your ethernet on the laptop, open Rekordbox and wait a minute to see if LINK pops up, this could eliminate issues with the switch you may be using
BriChi 0 votes

I've done 1,2 and 3. All without success. I've disabled wifi, rebooted the PC and all that shows up is the link and no CDJ's. Also, it's not the network because I can move that ethernet cable over to a windows7 laptop and it all works flawlessly.

Casnik77 0 votes

Pulse works directly with Pioneer, Ill send him this link to see if he can check into the 900 with Windows 10 compatibility. I don't know anyone close to me that has the 900's to run my own tests for ya. I am sure there will be a slew of FW updates for their entire line soon to make their gear compatible with the new software.

I guess them saying Rekordbox is Windows 10 compatible is only if you try the 30 day demo and use the USB cable hook them up and control

BriChi 0 votes

I'd gladly run teamviewer and let a pulse engineer deduce the issue.

Casnik77 0 votes

awesome, sent him an email to see if he can look at this, there are so many new threads with the new software they may miss a few.

BriChi 0 votes

you have all antivirus disabled too like Symantec, Windows Defender, Mccafy, etc....?

BriChi 0 votes

deleting the nonsense parts of this thread to seem more forgiving.

Casnik77 0 votes

windows defender, firewall too. All disabled. even poked into the firewall and checked that UDP/TP versions of the programs are allowed (even though disabled)

Casnik77 0 votes

cool, lets see what the engineers say or hopefully someone else on the forum with 900's can chime in on their success or failure with it too

BriChi 0 votes

Have you gotten any response? I'll be home later today and would like to hope to have something to look forward to.

Casnik77 0 votes

1) Yes it works with Windows10.

2) Yes, it still links. The majority of the problems users are having networking their players have to do with application and networking restrictions under Windows10. This is nothing to do with Pioneer, rekordbox or how you have your players connected.

3) You can still use rekordbox 4 for free to manage your music, link to players and export to devices. It's the PERFORMANCE mode which is an additional cost.

4) Yes, the CDJ-900's will work as HID devices for the performance mode.

5) Yes you're "grandfathered" in to rekordbox 4 the same as you were from 2 to 3, as above (#3), you get to use the same modes as you did previously for free.

I'll be gathering up and posting some Win10 tips for configuration to save everyone the hair-pulling, but that will come later. I have over 260 new comments and posts from this weekend alone that I need to deal with - typically that's how much I get in 2 weeks.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks, and I'm sure it does. I'm just going to be the anomaly most likely. I get a link button but no players. Not to sound like a broken record but I've done all the troubleshooting steps. If possible I can set up a teamviewer and hopefully get some real help this time to find out why it doesn't work for me.

Casnik77 0 votes

I can provide you with assistance here through the forums. Pioneer does not provide personal remote assistance services (but I do and I can't advertise my services here as it's a conflict of interest).

As noted in my last post, I'll do my best to be providing assistance to those running Win10 having networking issues, but you'll have to wait as I can't spend time making a guide with so many inquiries to deal with at the moment.

Pulse 0 votes

You have my email address. I'll be extremely in your debt to find the reason for this not working. I'll also add that it might be useful in your guide to possibly find the issue related to my personal problem if you've not ran into it before. I understand your time is soaked up so I'll be as flexible and expeditionary as possible for you.

Casnik77 0 votes