Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[Solved] Start of a song?

Hi,

I'm currently looking to get into rekordbox DJ moving over from serato and am currently going through my library to set cue points and beat grids etc.

Rekordbox seems to start counting beats from the very start of the track not accounting for any intros or anything like that, i get that i can tell it where the downbeats are but i cant define where the first down beat is and where it should start counting from. As a comparison in serato you would clear the grid and set the grid from the first down beat, am i completely missing something or is this not possible?

As an example track SpectraSoul - Light in the Dark

There is a 3 and half bar intro before leading to the first downbeat on roughly 5 seconds into the track(00:05), Rekordbox starts counting from the track time of 00:00 so when that first downbeat hits its in as 4.1 on the bar counter, when in reality this should be 0.1/1.1(however you want to look at it) i really hope this makes sense to someone...

Is there anyway to define where a track starts?

Dominic Place Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

@Dominic > Unfortunately not, you'd have to define that beat as the 1.1 position. I know Serato's software doesn't always do it properly either (when it adds a grid).

If you're moving over and don't want to repeat the process of grids / cues, consider looking at rekordbuddy (a 3rd-party application), it allows you to migrate that data from Serato to rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I dont mind regridding everything, actually using it to clear out my library slightly, can i be bothered to grid this track i dont play anymore, no? delete. So thats not the issue, its just i cant seem to figure out how to define something as the 1.1?

Dominic Place 0 votes

Sadly, rekordbox doesn't allow you to define something that far in as the 1.1, it doesn't account for negative bars. If you were to slide the grid along, you'd find as soon as a beat went from 2.1 to almost 1.1, it all of a sudden pops back to 2.1.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes noticed that one :( is it something that youd look at introducing? guess will have to go and make some edits :(

side note loving some of the features you have, seeing the full waveform in the library is absolutely amazing!

Dominic Place 0 votes