Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Can't Export Tracks From Rekordbox

I'm running rekordbox 4.0 (PC) on the 30-day trial. I analyze my tracks and go to export them, but the export option is disabled (grayed out). Could this be from the trial version of rekordbox?

Also, I have the XDJ-RX, does this come with a rekordbox serial number?

Nelson Marcelino

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

@Nelson > A serial number is only required when you are using the PERFORMANCE mode of rekordbox; the EXPORT mode will always be available for free.

The XDJ-RX does not come with a serial number as none is required to use the EXPORT mode. The RX is currently not supported in the PERFORMANCE mode, should that change in future you would need to purchase a license (a free 30 day trial is available as you have discovered).

If you are unable to export to a USB device, it could be that it is not recognized by rekordbox due to the file format. What is it you're trying to export to?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have multiple mp3 files that I am trying to export. When I try to export them, the export option is disabled (grayed out / unselectable). These mp3 files do have ID3 tags embedded in them from traktor, could that be affecting anything?

Nelson Marcelino 0 votes

Yes. The problem is that rekordbox doesn't let me export at all.

Nelson Marcelino 0 votes

I was in Performance mode. That solved the problem, thank you. It is little silly in my opinion having different modes, but understandable. Thanks for your help.

Nelson Marcelino 0 votes

Needed to check -- there are some users who still aren't having drives show up in EXPORT mode either!

Glad to hear yours was the easy solution. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

I switch to the Export Mode and it still does not work

Desmond Perry 0 votes

@Desmond > We have a few users reporting the same issue and the engineers are looking into it.

Pulse 0 votes

It's working for me, but I'm curious if there's a way to export to a specific folder location in the USB flash drive? At the moment, the export feature only let's me export to the letter that the drive is labeled as.
Example: Export > E: Drive.

It would be nice to be able to organize specific tracks into different folders, rather than having them all go into one folder.

Nelson Marcelino 0 votes

same problem, option its bloked, im 30 days trial of Dj rekordbox

Juninho Piradex 0 votes

I'm dealing with the same problem for a few weeks now and still haven't found a solution to it, it's really annoying though because I don't know what else to do about it. I downloaded the free version just to mainly set cues and adjust some other things and still the export option is greyed out, all my tracks are analyzed and still I don't know what's wrong, some help would be nice Thank you

Camilo Mejia 1 vote

I just bought the ddj-rx and I'm having the same problem where 'export playlist' is greyed out in both performance and export mode. (Using windows 10)

Are you still working on it?

Marcus Lofvars 0 votes

If you don't have a USB device formatted to a FAT32 filesystem, you can not export to it -and the export button may appear grey. This may occur if you have an exFAT or NTFS formatted device, which can be used as a music source but not as an export drive.

Pulse 0 votes

Hello I am having same issues with this. I have just dl the lastest 4.2.5 and now i am unable to sync my playlists to the usb drive. I am using mac and have formated usb to Fat. 

I noticed there is an export mode how do i get to that mode?

DISREGARD FOUND THE EXPORT MODE ON TOP LEFT ENABLED NOW IT WORKS:)

Javier Guzman Jr 0 votes

you are lucky guys. i cannot fix this problem after days and hours...please help

1. I use recordbox 4.5.0 version and Windows 8.1. (64bit)

2.I have a licence and use DDJ-RB - so no trial

3. i know about the export mode

4. i deactivat Automatic track analysis

5. i reset all drivers, (usb etc)

6. I formatated all devices - newest 3.1. 64bit usb to FAT and an older one

........and after all this..........................

NOTHING IS TO EXPORT AND NO DEVICE IS RECOGNIZED

WHY?

Karli 0 votes

....everything for export is still keeping in grey no export mode available...of nothing

Karli 0 votes

@Karli > You're having two separate issues, and as this topic is regarding troubles with exporting, let's discuss that and please create a separate topic for your device issue.

Can you please show a video of the issue you're having so I can better understand what might be happening with the export?

Pulse 0 votes

hallo i got it ~

1. it was a crash of 2 usb ports of Laptop.

2. i deactivate, then activate again the License key

3. happy to get an answer of support. The usb 64giga 3.1. was  only possible to format it to  (ex)FAT. With the tool HPUSBdisk i could transformat it in FAT32. Now everything is working - Thanks a lot!

Karli 0 votes