Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Rekordbox 4.0.1 volume is super low

Output volume is so slow that the mixing option in useless. This issue came with 4.0 update.

DjAlex

Official comment

rekordbox 4.0.7 was released today with an improved crossfader curve within export mode. Please update rekordbox and see if this addresses your concern.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

make sure the internal master is at the appropriate level. adjust the recording level by opening up the REC panel and turn the virtual knob. test out the volume level before doing a full record. your record levels are not the same as your mixer output levels, so do not judge recording volume level based on where the mixer board is set at. powered monitors/amps also have their gain control, so you must consider for all of those.

when you are done recording, you must analyze your recording's volume levels to check and make sure it is set correctly. if you're nowhere near your desired level from the file, you need to crank it up from the source. if you are at your desired level (around -3db for example), but you can't hear a thing, then of course it's your amp's gain that needs to be adjusted

Tu Tran 0 votes

I don't have performance mode, only normal preview mode. And this is PC version. A B crossfade will mute volume too much when it's on middle. It's got something to do with it.

DjAlex 0 votes

you might want to switch over to performance mode anyway and check that the virtual mixer has fader levels all the way up, eq levels dead center, and crossfader directly in the middle. then switch back to export mode. this usually corrects or "resets" the crossfader in export mode, and hopefully the gain levels. if this doesn't work out for you, please report back with some screen or video recording of your situation and pulse can chime in and pass it along if it's something that pioneer needs to fix.

the crossfader in export mode uses a linear curve, just like how it did in the version 3 of rekordbox. you can still use version 3 if you still have it.

Tu Tran 0 votes

I think I solved this problem. I went to performance mode and took off crossfade chanel selectors 1 and 2. Now the volume is same in export mode as it was in previous versions.

DjAlex 1 vote

This is still an issue as I have the latest and greatest version as of 3-22-16. I do notice the volume gets lower from any track in the Collections area every time I shut down Rekordbox and reopening it. This could be a clue for the issue.

Jason Matty 0 votes

@Jason > It's possible that the fix for that particular issue didn't make it to 4.1.0 in time.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm also having this issue. Changing level of headphones in Performance fixes it, but only until I close Rekordbox. Really need a way to control preview volume in Prep mode,

Blueshift 0 votes

@Blueshift > This is still a known issue and will be addressed in a future update. Thanks for your comments.

Pulse 0 votes

Is there any update on this issue?

I use rekordbox only in export mode (v4.2.4) and the volume is still not high enough.

Thx

Plangin 0 votes

It's nowadays way better than it was earlier. But volume is still way lower than in any other program.

More boost please for deff dj's like me.

DjAlex 0 votes

I sort of resolved on my PC system .

When I start the program and play a track the sound is still very low. On the Rekordbox program I move the volume down then up again and this brings the volume up to a desired level. Again this is on my PC but this may be universal across all systems.

Jason Matty 0 votes