Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox linked with CDJ-2000 NXS but on CDJ it isn't showing any songs or playlists.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: OSX 10.10.4
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) rekordbox version: 3.2.1
4) Using LINK: Yes
4b) LINK Connection method: TP-Link TL-SF1008D Switch Hub
4c) Using with CDJs: Yes 2 CDJ-2000 NXS with 1.23
5) Source Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: N/A
5b) Connection type: USB3.0 / LAN cables.
5c) Does the device have multiple partitions: Unsure(Don't get the question)
5d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Not a flash drive.
5e) With what utility did you format the device: OSX.
6) Export Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: Don't use any.
6b) Connection type: USB3.0 / Lan Cables.
6c) Does the device have multiple partitions: Unsure(Again, don't get this)
6d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No hard drive used.
6e) With what utility did you format the device: N/A
7) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both (DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!)
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No
10a) If yes, please post a link to it: N/A
11) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Pro DJ Link with one laptop. 2 CDJs are connected to a switch hub by LAN cables and computer are connected to switch hub by LAN cable as well.
12) Provide as much detail of the issue here: My rekordbox Pro DJ Link has been working well until today when I move house and re-setup the equipments. When I connect my computer to the switch hub with contacts to the CDJs, the rekordbox Link button shows in my computer, I clicked it, on CDJ it shows the Rekordbox's 'User Name', and in my CDJ utility menu it says the CDJ link is connected. However, There is no playlist showing at all when it says there is 13 playlists if i click 'back' in the CDJs. I have read the other official thread about rekordbox, I checked the firewall and it is off. Internet sharing is off. The firmware for CDJ and the software version for rekordbox is up to date. However, I tried to read every article on this forum and out of thus forum, nothing seem to work for me so far so If anyone here could provide me an answer I would greatly appreciate your time. Thanks a lot.

Desmond Chan

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

Does it work if you have ONE CDJ connected directly to your computer, and ensure the wireless is disabled?

Pulse 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

I did try on each individual CDJ, the wifi/wireless on my laptop is disables. Same situation, nothing changes(Link button shows on rekordbox, I can click on it, it connects to CDJ(Directly individually or switch hub, both ways), on cdj it shows the rekordbox 'user name' but no playlist nor songs. Also, when I try to drag the songs from the rekordbox in computer into the CDJ link symbol, 'E-8302 (C658) Rekordbox cannot play track' shows on CDJ. I'm very frustrated and I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with an solution. Thanks a lot!

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Are the CDJs able to communicate with each-other when connected directly between CDJS?

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the reply Pulse. Yes, the CDJs are able to communicate with each other. For example when I use USB on link mode, both CDJs are linked and I am able to control one USB in two CDJs. However the linking with the rekordbox in laptop isn't working properly, the link button is showing on laptop, I'm able to click it and it connects but no playlist and songs are shown on the CDJs when I can see the rekordbox' user name on top of the screen. If I try to drag any song from laptop's rekordbox it shows the error message I said on last comment. I think it might be the issue from the rekordbox in my laptop? I have tried the file '.old' method but it isn't working as well. Are there any settings in rekordbox or on my MacBook I need to change? Thanks for your time Paluse.
P.S. The USB I used is also rekordbox analysised.

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Just trying to eliminate the possible trouble spots. ;)

The problem you describe is typical of one of the rekordbox elements being blocked by the firewall. Even though you say it's disabled, can you please try using the instructions in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpy5Q6S78fE

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the short reply Pulse! I will be able to get to the pioneers in a few hours. I will try the instructions im the video and I wi keep posting if it works or doesn't. Please keep an eye on this thread (:

Desmond Chan 0 votes

I just got back to my CDJ, next time I will get back to it is next thursday 😕 I have turned on the firewall and followed your instruction video. The same situation still seem to be the same. Nothing changed. Therefore, I filmed the problem with my phone and I uploaded the problem, the computer firewall setting, CDJ settings and how it actually looks like in CDJ on youtube.
The following link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R57W3ictqQ
Is the video I filmed about my problem. If you have think there is anything I could do to fix this problem. Please let me know. Thanks for your time for this problem!

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Waiting to hear back from the engineers, thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse would you mind to tell me from the information I have so far do you think it's the software problem or hardware problem? Because I have a gig very soon and I want to solve this asap. Thanks

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Could I please have a update of the situation? Thank you.

Desmond Chan 0 votes

if you have a network connection does it works?
i have the same probleme but only if i don't have a network connection

Knzy Seb 0 votes

@Desmond > Thanks for your patience, I heard back from the engineers:

When loading a track from rekordbox to CDJ, if the playlist in rekordbox cannot be seen on CDJ, it may suggest that the database is not properly accessed. Please try replacing the LAN cable with the other one. Also, try rebooting the computer. Many users do not shut down their computers so often, which cause many issues. If you have any issue, first thing you should try is rebooting the computer you use.

Also, try disabling your wifi if you are connected by ethernet.

Pulse 0 votes

@Desmond > As we haven't heard back, I'm going to assume your problem is solved.

Pulse 0 votes