Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

12 followers Follow

rekordbox 4.0.2 released

FYI - rekordbox 4.0.2 has been released (Tuesday Nov. 3rd, 2015)

Changelog:

NEW

• CDJ-2000/2000NXS/900NXS Track Browsing and Waveform Display in HID mode
  • Playback when paused when pressing HOT CUE (via Preferences)
  • Autoplay via PERFORMANCE mode (DECK1 only all decks Dec 2015)
  • XDJ-700 support (Track Browsing and Waveform Display Dec 2015)
  • DDJ-RX support
  • Drop-down menu appears when left-clicking and holding on track list.

FIXED

• Cross Fader Curve setting in PERFORMANCE worked in EXPORT mode
  • Vinyl Speed Adjust in PERFORMANCE mode worked in EXPORT mode
  • Auto Gain in PERFORMANCE mode worked in EXPORT mode
  • HOT CUE colour in PERFORMANCE mode worked in EXPORT mode
  • BPM of loaded track displayed incorrectly in EXPORT mode
  • Track incorrectly loaded when double-clicking in PERFORMANCE mode
  • Memory CUE worked incorrectly at 00:00:000
  • Artwork could not be edited in Info Window with multiple tracks selected
  • Related Tracks did not show up with MASTER DECK selected (Customise the criteria > Current Track)
  • Track starts playing when the CUE button is quickly clicked
  • Keyboard shortcut to set the grid to current playing position
  • Channel Fader Curve setting
  • CDJ/XDJ low volume level on master output
  • Improved stability and fixed other minor issues
Pulse

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

Bravo.

I spent some time to experience the update, and everything seems to be more promising. It is now starting to feel like rekordbox 4 is actually out of beta.

I still experience latency on CDJ-2000. Although the latency has improved dramatically, I still notice a delay. It still doesn't feel as tight as what I expect with Pioneer touting the lowest latency (both Serato and Traktor feels tighter)

The CPU load is still unusually high. I am playing two tracks on deck 1 and 2 at the moment and rekordbox is using at least 80 percent in performance mode, and at least 50 percent in export mode.

I have activated my license for rekordbox plus pack, but the license key still does not display.

Tu Tran 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

Crossfader still not working properly (my rekordbox dj trial has expired) after the update..

Oscar Westerlund 0 votes

Would appreciate more if Pioneer would fix those drivers for DDJ and CDJ users on EL first because we all can use rekordbox but u guys choose to fix the one that's not as urgent yet. We can't even **** use the new RZ I got.

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Still you can not figure out what songs I've played and what not ?? there is a timer counter dj reproduction , but that adds up the times you 've played a song , not telling you what you put and what not in a session !!
please pioneer :(

Migue Moreno 0 votes

@Desmond > This is your first and only warning regarding the language.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > or what, I am a disappointed customer, and you? Supposed to serve and make customers satisfy, not warn and judge, have u ever seen people got pissed in Apple store and swear and the staff WARN customers instead of calming them? Basic communication for merchant and customers, if u don't even understand that please, stop representing Pioneer. The EL problem have been solved by nearly every other brand but Pioneer and Serato, yet we haven't go a answer that at least ALLOWS us to be patient. Did Pioneer even train you? We are not saying Pioneer is not trying, it is not fair for engineer to say the exact date cuz time is needed for drivers re-coding, but it has been a whole month, a multibillionaire company don't have enough engineers/resources to do that? If we can't even get a approximate date it is not fair for people like us that purchased a product that doesn't even run on a present Mac system. Please Pulse, think before you speak, you have a much larger responsibility than you think. Why don't you warn everyone that used any negative insulting word that reflects their emotions? We can't even speak how we feel? What now Pioneer is banning freedom of speech?

Desmond Chan 0 votes

You're welcome to free speech, you're just not welcome to curse. Ever seen a bouncer remove someone from a night club? Just a reminder that this is Pioneer's website, a privately owned space for users to ask questions and seek assistance, and by participating here, you agree to the rules and regulations, which includes:

*9) Flaming and profanity will not be tolerated. *

So yes, I will warn you not to swear.

And this is not the place to voice your opinions or concerns regarding El Cap compatibility - this topic is to inform users of the availability of the updated rekordbox software. A product managed by a completely different team of engineers. Perhaps you're familiar with how a large "multibillionaire" company works with Apple. Do you think that their El Capitan team has anything to do with the iPad?

Pulse 0 votes

I understand it correctly, that now in the Performance Mode there is the long-awaited Autoplay on all decks?

Andreas Voss 0 votes

Alright Pulse, I apologize for that. But us as consumers, could we know how long does pioneer normally take for a new driver to come out?

Desmond Chan 0 votes

@Andreas > No, just Deck 1 for now, support for auto play on all decks will be available come the December update.

Pulse 0 votes

@Desmond > Thank you. Unfortunately we don't have any updated information on the availability for the drivers or OS support. I wish we did have more information as there are tons of users asking me the same question every day. When we do have info, it will be posted here and on social media sites.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > Thank you. But according to the history, just personally, when do you think it will be out, approx? like your personal thought based on your experience with Pioneer

Desmond Chan 0 votes

To be honest, I know in past it has taken around a month, and I would have expected it to be out already, but we're all still waiting.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you, that helps a lot. I would expect it to be out soon then. Thank you, you should reply other users what u replied me, I believe they would be patient.

Desmond Chan 0 votes

Waiting for:
- a flag to figure out, that this track I've already played in this session (like in Traktor Dj)
- column with last played date
- both elapsed and remaining time

Radeck 0 votes

@Desmonnd My Friend you know pioneer tryies a lot more from what I have seen till now! It's only been a motnth and they have released the 3rd version of rekordbox which is much more trusty and well build. Don't you forget that Pioneer is the masterpiece of Djing and I am sure they will fix all the problems time by time. Its the first time I've seen 2 updates in 35 days! I was a TRAKTOR user and we faced major problems with TRAKTOR. the next update from TRAKTOR was 2 moths later! For 2 months you would have to deal with these problems! Here the updates come one after another! I am sure they are trying very hard! So give them some space for now and they will fix the problems. It's the very start of rekordbox performance mode yet! They need a little time. Do you remember TRAKTOR and SERATO's first releases? They were awful...

giannis mavridis 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

I´m one of those who report the 1st memory cue bug at 00:00:000 and the BPM of loaded track displayed incorrectly in EXPORT mode.

Both are listed as "FIXED".

The first one is now working for me, but not the second one.
The BPM in the grid tab of any loaded track still shows 000.00 for me... (export mode)
Tell me if you need any info of my system to try to reproduce/fix the issue.

Cheers,
G.-

elgatovacomomoto 0 votes

Does the Autoplay on deck 1 fade the songs, or function similarly to a CDJ with autocue disabled in continuous mode?

Chrishogandj 0 votes