Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

El Capitan question

I see drivers have been released for OS CX El Capitan as per this link: https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/articles/206359966-Updated-drivers-available-for-OS-X-El-Capitan-support ... I see the DDJ-RX isn't listed. I also understand the RX isn't readily available, but will be in the next few weeks or so. I have one on pre-order. Should I wait to update to El Capitan? Or should drivers be available soon for this controller for El Capitan?

Mike Sinclair

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

Oh, thanks for updated link, Pulse... appreciate that. Do you know if Pioneer will be releasing drivers for DDJ-RX for El Capitan soon?

Mike Sinclair 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Pulse, you must have been posting your answer right when I was posting that "the link doesn't work" because your post wasn't on here when I posted that... LOL ...

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

Here's my deal: I ordered a band new Macbook Pro which will be here tomorrow. I think it will have Yosemite on it. I also have a DDJ-RX on pre-order which I should have in a few weeks. Should I upgrade to El Capitan? Or would it be better to wait? In other words, will it be awhile before there's an El Capitan driver for the DDJ-RX or should it happen fairly soon? I'd rather upgrade the OS before installing Rekordbox, but if it's advisable to wait, I will.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

There are some drivers available within the rekordbox installer, but I don't see the DDJ-RX on there. I've asked the product team when it will be available.

Pulse 0 votes

So... a question, Pulse...

With the updated drivers for the RZ can we now use the controller with Rekordbox on El Capitan or do we still need to wait for Rekordbox to be updated for use with El Capitan?

Im just a little confused with the update because, I really don't know what other software you would use an RZ for at the moment...

Thanks

Steve Massiah 0 votes

I actually had some of that clarified for me last night -- the main issue with El Cap is with the mixers. Any device acting as a controller (like a CDJ, DDJ or XDJ) should work just fine, even as an audio device. It seems to me it might be more related to the multi-channel interfaces.

Users should be fine with the RZ and RX on El Cap.

Pulse 0 votes

So I can go ahead and upgrade to El Capitan and RekordBox DJ 4.0 will still work?

Steve Massiah 0 votes

DDJ-SX is not explicitly listed. Can you confirm it is safe for me to upgrade?

Yves Smolders 0 votes

I update my OS to Capitan....and my MAC doesn't recognize DDJ - RX ...what can you advise...its not showing in MISI SET up at all..?

Nelia Panasiuk 0 votes

@Neila > If it doesn't appear in the Audio MIDI Setup utility on the MIDI window, you may need to either re-scan for devices or create a new MIDI configuration by clicking the Configuration drop-down and selecting New Configuration.

Pulse 0 votes