Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

El Capitan

Does rekordbox work with El Capitan now?

Shªun_N

Official comment

rekordbox works just fine with El Cap. The problem has been audio drivers for the mixers (well, mostly any product with a multiple I/O audio interface). If you're just using the link, you'll be fine.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

I have it working with El Capitan! Been playing with my DDJ-RZ for a couple days now with no problems :)

cpoynter 0 votes

Yes it works, if you have the DDJ-RZ controller download the new driver 1.1 instead of the 1.0 driver.
have fun :D

DVJ Mito 0 votes

I'll be using CDJs and mixer with rekordbox via Pro DJ Link. This should be OK?

Shªun_N 0 votes

@pulse - The drivers that were released today for the DJM-900NXS allow for direct connectivity to that mixer? Meaning that rekordbox 4.03 will see the mixer somewhat as a system for HID mode? or what exactly type of connectivity we talking about within the drivers?

Dominic Carter 0 votes

@Dominic > It can be used as an audio-output device only; you can use the CDJs for control and the mixer for all audio. There's no HID from the mixers, and as rekordbox doesn't feature MIDI control, there's no function through that either.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse - Ah I guess I'm all too familiar with how Serato works. We typically use an SL Box in conjunction with the players for HID mode. Or in 2015 we now have "Club Kit" in which we can directly connect to the 900NXS as an upgrade. Maybe I'm confusing HID/DVS functionality all together but what you're saying is that I can use 2 CDJ2000s/XDJ1000s in HID mode with Rekordbox DJ? The software will read the players as separate midi devices while the mixer plays no role in this scenario?

Dominic Carter 0 votes

(providing that we've paid for the full rekordbox DJ performance kit/Plus Pack) that is

Dominic Carter 0 votes

@Dominic > Well, for clarity, there are the two ways of using rekordbox...

EXPORT mode allows DJs to use rekordbox for free, linking CDJs via ethernet (Pro DJ Link), or exporting to USB drives. All the grunt work is done by the CDJs, audio is sent from the players to the mixer, rekordbox acts pretty much as an intelligent hard-drive when linked.

PERFORMANCE mode is the paid upgrade allowing DJs to use rekordbox as the "performance" heart of their setup. If CDJs, XDJs, or DDJs are connected to rekordbox, they are able to control the software and engage effects (depending on the hardware used).

With Serato, the Club Kit was required to enable the DJM900NXS, and CDJs can be used in HID mode to control Serato DJ, or via DVS control with timecode audio. With rekordbox, there's no "timecode" and thus no DVS, just HID control.

Using rekordbox in performance mode with CDJs and a DJM, you can either configure the audio outputs to be the CDJs or the DJM. I prefer the DJM as you can then return the audio from the recording input to record within the software!

Pulse 0 votes

Ah I see. Thank you for the clarity. I use export mode primarily & have started to tinker with the Rekordbox DJ because of the DDJ-RZ I have. This is all a big change coming over from years of Serato. I'm really enjoying having alternative options. I have the XDJ-RX as well and I just enjoy being prepared to DJ any type of way at all times.

Dominic Carter 0 votes

Is there a private message mode on this to contact you @pulse ?

Dominic Carter 0 votes

Will my tracks have to be re-analyzed when upgrading to El Capitan?

Shªun_N 0 votes