Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

Rekordbox isn't detecting my usb flash drive

Jesus Christy

Please sign in to leave a comment.

21 comments

I've tried everything! For some reason Rekordbox 4.0 won't detect my USB device... help please!

Jesus Christy 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Plug in your USB flash drive first,then open Rekordbox.Hopefully will work for you.

Dubrvko Posavec 0 votes

Yes same problem here! I baught a DDJ-RZ and I can't use it because all of my music is in a partition of my disc which REKORDBOX can't see it so i can't use my console to play music at work!

giannis mavridis 0 votes

I've plugged the USB in normally, just Rekordbox isn't showing my devices...

Jesus Christy 0 votes

Doesn't work RB DJ in that way that it will recognize only tracks which has been imported earlier? I think you can not just plug in a new USB stick and play tracks from it like in Traktor or Serato or any other DJ software. The RB DJ sofware has no regular file explorer included so you have to explicit import everything before. At least this is my understanding from my trail and error with RB in the last days and I'am not very glad about this.

Gerald 0 votes

@pulse

The point is to have an Explorer inside rekordbox that can see everything that sees the comouter's Explorer even if it is a mac or Windows laptop. I have baught a ddj rz and i can't use it because of this problem. 

giannis mavridis 0 votes

@giannis > No, export USB devices are not intended to be used in PERFORMANCE mode because the database is not meant for internal use. If you happen to use an external device (USB drive) as a music source, all that music should exist within your collection and then it's a non-issue.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse
Yes but this way is wrong... Many many djs use their external devices and the new laptops use ssds and the storage is very few. every dj program has an explorer which can see what laptops explorer can see. This isn't happening in rekordbox. I have 1 TB of music in my external drive completely useless with rekordbox. if you play one kind of music it is easy with little storage to do the job but as you see we are many djs that we need a whole discography to play in some bars and clubs. please do something for it because I have 2,000$ sitting and waiting for solution at the moment. I think it's not a stange request. It is very common.
Thank you for understanding.

giannis mavridis 1 vote

Unless I don't get the problem, but 4.0.5 is showing my USB devices under the explorer tree ... check here

Christophe Platteeuw 0 votes

Unfortunately I cannot find this function on mac version my friend... You are using windows.

giannis mavridis 0 votes

windows photo shows the device but on the mac os photo i cannot see any device and I cannot find the explorer or finder function to tick it. it doesn't have it. I have the latest rekordbox. what can I say? am I doing something wrong?

giannis mavridis 0 votes

Please can you send us your screenshot. Same what I did. Preferences window and left side of rekordbox.

Dubrvko Posavec 0 votes