Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

NO 64 BIT DRIVERS NO 64 BIT DRIVERS CONFIRMED WE WERE LIED TO THE WHOLE TIME

BIG SURPRISE  ,
                    PIONEER WAS NEVER WORKING ON 64 BIT DRIVER OR PLANNED TO ACCORDING TO GILL  @ PIONEER

IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS I WOULD HAVE RETURNED MY MIXER WILE I STILL COULD

Scott Loveless

Please sign in to leave a comment.

21 comments

ok ok
           rocky @ pioneer explained that Gill was snorting bath salts wile taking bong rips of salvia before he took my call AND that drivers were actually being worked on AND Gill was scheduled for beheading   ( as he should be )

all jokes aside pioneer needs better phone support Gill was dismissive of uninformed and unhelpful and after explaining to him I would have returned the mixer if i would have known drivers weren't being worked on he copped an attitude
very unprofessional

and something he definitely wouldn't have done to my face
   Rocky was quick to return my call and contact engineers to confirm the drivers are actually being worked on  .

Scott Loveless 0 votes

So Scott, next time I post something here on the forums, maybe you'll believe me instead of disregarding what has been said and then gaining some kind of information from what turns out to be a less-than-reliable source, then ranting about it and having to post an apology follow-up. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

YO PULSE THIS CAME DIRECTLY FROM PIONEER < PERHAPS PIONEER SHOULD GET IT TOGETHER

Scott Loveless 0 votes

i was looking for updated info, we bother you enough, what i got was crap. Gill told me no drivers were in the works and they never were .n my reaction was spot on as was my calls to his supervisor

Scott Loveless 0 votes

You can turn off the caps.

I understand that the comment came from Pioneer, perhaps you haven't noticed the logo that sits to the left of my posts? My statements also come from Pioneer, and possibly more directly than some of the support staff since I'm in constant communication with the engineering and product development teams. Not all of the support agents at the call centres are up to speed with what we're doing on our side, so give them that much leeway.

Pulse 0 votes

yes yes  we know you work for pioneer pulse. don't make this about you . this was about my experience with another employee .

Scott Loveless 0 votes

This isn't the right place for you to air your grievances with that individual - you've already spoken with their supervisor, end of story.

Pulse 0 votes

it wasn't my intention to make you upset, but to make light of a bad situation.
Thanks

Scott Loveless 0 votes

I'm not upset, I just want to ensure that you are comfortable in knowing the information we deliver on the forums is accurate and reliable.

Pulse 0 votes

@Scott I am sorry but to be blunt use your head before u post anymore ridiculous posts about 64 bit drivers if u would just sit back and use that brain of yours u might just come up with an thought that pioneer has just released  info on a new 64 bit mixer the nexus2. In turn this might be why pioneer has waited this long to release the drivers for the 1st gen nexus. and to all this dismay over these 64 bit drivers over the last 2 years the engineers have decided to make the 64 bit mixer for testing purpose to see how there mixers will react with 64 bit drivers and possibly using 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit mixer ect.

Michael K -1 votes

@michael k , look we have been patiently waiting for drivers , i called tech support and got bad information thats not my fault. And the new mixer has nothing to do with the issue and will require completely different drivers due to the hardware and software compatibility.

My ridiculous post was based on ridiculous information i received from the company itself, i spoke to the supervisor and got it straightened out so i made light of it. You dont like it oh well

I dont regret my post , using my head LoL why would i not believe what a pioneer employee tells me about their product .

Scott Loveless 0 votes

@Michael > I just want to let you know that the 64bit DSP in the mixer has nothing to do with the drivers.

Pulse 1 vote

@michael - they've released 32bit drivers only for the new NXS2 mixer. 

My guess is that 64bit drivers should be released with the 64bit version of Rekordbox ...

Frankle 0 votes

Please note, @Frankle does not speak on behalf of Pioneer, there is still no timeline for 64bit driver availability, nor a 64bit version of rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry, with everything else going 64bit it's only a matter of time before Rekordbox goes 64bit, and therefor the drivers will have to follow suit. Let's call it an educated assumption, there is little reason to keep pouring money into 32bit driver development when everything is moving or has moved to 64bit. 

I guess there's one good thing about the way Apple did it, they made sure that 64bit was the only development platform therefor it's step up or don't play. I really wish Microsoft had of done that with Windows 10, would have been a great way to force companies to keep moving forward. 

Anyhow, I'm also patiently waiting for the 64bit drivers to go with my Surface Pro 4 :)

Frankle 0 votes

64bit application development doesn't just take the existing 32bit code and say "here you go!" If and when rekordbox moves to a 64bit application, it will be announced, but for the time being, please refrain from making what may be taken by other users as a concrete statement when you don't have any official information.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse - once again sorry, I'm not here to cause a ruckus and mislead others. I have updated my post as you can see. 

I am fully aware that it's not as simple as saying "let's make it 64bit", and that there's quite a bit more than just being able to use more than 4GB of RAM going on in the back end of a 64bit app vs 32bit app.

I hope that a 64bit version of the DJM drivers and/or Rekordbox does get announced so that we can all move past this for a few years until there comes a time when we need to move to a 128bit platform and we do it all again (only joking about 128bit, we should last on 64bit for more than a few years)

Frankle 0 votes

Beta version of DJM-900NXS2, DJM-850 and DJM-750 drivers are ready now.

Please download them from the links below.

DJM-900NXS2: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca8obxo5x6vjbn6/DJM-900NXS2_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

DJM-850:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkltorokz0wc0jp/DJM-850_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

DJM-750:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrtbfm2yyz9k9kr/DJM-750_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

If you find any issues in the beta drivers, please create a ticket from here.

If your product is not listed above, we don't yet have a beta driver for it but it will be ready soon. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Pulse 0 votes