Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

2X CDJ 2000 nexus and DJM600 analogue mixer

I'm trying to run my 2 cdj's through my old analogue mixer as the HID & as my sound cards for Rekordbox 4.x
I can get deck 1 to work, but cannot figure out how to have deck 2 as a separate channel.
I had them both run through the same channel and that won't work for me.
Any help would be great.
Traktor can do it, can't figure it out here for Rekordbox 4.0

I have to set up 2 rigs for NYE :(

Barrymore

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

ok cool

so its doable obviously, i have tested it out

first with everything connected make sure you setup a aggregate device with the 2 CDJ's in the Mac AUDIO/MIDI settings

then open Rekordbox dj and go into settings and select that aggregate as the sound source and choose external mixer

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Awesome. Thanks. Just running to town I'll try this when I get back!

Barrymore 0 votes

I will.:)
I got double booked. So my bro is going to use my regular rig to play from as he's comfortable with it. (2x Tech 12's + DJM SRT running Serato) I'll be running the CDJ with a DJM 600 and Rekordbox 4.x) plus ivy have to over the phone tech support for him. Lol

Barrymore 0 votes

if its a 1 time thing you don't have to buy Rekordbox dj, just use it in LINK mode with ethernet cables and drag and drop to the decks,

BriChi 0 votes

I picked up Rekordbox wanted to use it going forward. I hate feeling trapped in Serato. Want to branch out and get uncomfortable and out oft element. May learn a new trick or two.

Barrymore 0 votes

ok cool, Rekordbox dj is great but with the 2000's i just feel theres no real advantage so i just use Rekordbox in export mode

BriChi 0 votes

I see. Starting to believe it's a cash grab on Pioneers part. For what the CDJ costs it should just be free if you have one/ two.

Barrymore 0 votes

i agree but i guess its tough for them to justify making it free when the CDJ is now 3 years old, the cost of the CDJ was based on what its been ding for 3 years so now the DJ software will probably be the bundle for incentive on future products

BriChi 0 votes

Sorry, the software isn't free for anyone who owns existing products, nor for anyone purchasing new hardware which is not sold as a rekordbox controller.

Pulse 0 votes

I would not apologize, as it changes very little. I don't think we ever expected it to be free. It was more of a "wish it was" kind of thing. The pair of us own it. And we made the choice too.
The ONLY real comaimt I have is that 4.0 was useless to CDJ owners. I was excited on its release. I started the trial, and wrote it off.
Then 4.x came out and I purchased it right away. Only to learn I should have saved my money. I've got it, and now I hope that you guys get it right.

Barrymore 0 votes

It's not really a waste if you're already using CDJs and link; you gain several advantages, including the ability to play FLAC audio files!

It will certainly improve and include more features and functions in future updates.

Pulse 0 votes