Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

The rekordbox's windows is always on top while synchronising/copying

Hi.

I have a problem with rekordbox.
When I start synchronizing (deleting/copying etc.) to my pendrive, i couldn't minimize the rekordbox sync window, so i couldn't use my computer, it is "always on top".
In windows 10, i could move it to an another desktop, but the border of the windows still stays on the screen and after finishing a folder, it reopens that desktop, and i always need to switch back, where i worked on. After a while it comes back to my "working" desktop, and I need to move it back again.

Is there any setting like this, to turn Always on top option off?

Fabio Mandity

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

@Fabio > Have you tried updating your graphics driver? I don't mean via the Windows Update tool, but directly from the manufacturer's website.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I've updated them, and no change.

You should try it, too: uncheck a folder with a few playlists in it on sync window. Start syncing. It will show the Deleting tracks window, and you can't open any other program, cause it covers them.

I've updated it to the 4.0.5 version.

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

@Fabio > Have you tried ALT+TABing to the other window? I've been able to toggle between applications while rekordbox is syncing with no problems.

Pulse 0 votes

i've experienced the same ... i wanted to import my seperate folders for artists (they are quite a few) and for every artist a sync window showed up one after another and it was always on top... it was pretty annoying

Manuel Sajed 0 votes

yes, whenever a Rekordbox box is displayed it is always on top, even when i do a library XMP export, the export window cannot be minimized or set behind windows like Safari, I always have to move it to the bottom corner so i can do other things

BriChi 0 votes

Yep, the MIDI LEARN window does this too and it's really bugging me these last couple of days! I've asked the engineers to investigate.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, do you know anything about this bug, when will they fix it? It really bugs me that i couldn't use my laptop for 5-10 minutes

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

Yes, i have the latest version. I usually always update when it offers me. Should it resolve the problem?

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

I was trying to ascertain if you have already updated to the latest version and if you were still experiencing this problem.

Pulse 0 votes

Hello.

I'm still experiencing this issue on windows 7, rekordbox 4.5.0.

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

If I start the sync manager, during syncing i couldn't put the window to the tray, it is "always on top". What can I do to resolve it?
(Windows 7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tVniR4hOhc

It took me half an hour to wait for the syncing finish from 50% as seen in the video, and I couldn't use my computer for that time

Newest version: 5.2.3

Fabio Mandity 0 votes

Unfortunately the only solution I could give you is to use a faster USB drive so that window goes away quicker. It's still on the fix list.

Pulse 0 votes

I use an usb 3.0 pendrive. Nothing could be faster than this, nor an ssd.

Fabio Mandity 0 votes