Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Audio Dropouts on Rekordbox 4.0.5 with Pioneer DDJ-RX

Macbook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

2.3GHz Intel Core i5

16GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

1TB HDD with about 600GB free space

Having some serious issues with my new setup,

I recently bought the DDJ-RX in order to utilise the new Rekordbox software and for some reason, with no other programs running apart from the system programmes. I'm getting Audio Dropouts and glitches. It's subtle enough in some cases to not notice but it can get so bad that the 4/4 beat jumps and stutters. These audio artifacts tend to last about 1/2 a second at a time and can be frequent or non frequent as it wants.

I used Activity Monitor to see how my CPU was doing and its at anywhere between 80-150% on Rekordbox. I also noticed that during these periods of stuttering the "Audio Dropout Meter" is pumping. Not to the max, but its lively.

Anyone have any tips/answers?

Thanks

Oliver King

Please sign in to leave a comment.

24 comments

@Oliver > What is your audio buffer setting within rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

512 Samples, I've tried raising it and still get the same issue

Oliver King 0 votes

If you open the Activity Monitor, do you have any other applications running with considerable resource use?

Pulse 0 votes

That's the operating system. If you sort by the CPU % or Memory (on the Memory tab) you can see the highest-users at the top.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah that's what i meant. the only thing below Rekordbox that's above 10% is Kernal_task. nothing else

Oliver King 0 votes

Did you try sliding the buffer size to the max (2016 samples) ?

Pulse 0 votes

I'll try that in a second and get back to you, although i just switched between browse mode and 2-Deck Horizontal Waveform mode for a few minutes at a time and the CPU usage is considerably lower when its in browse mode. Could it be something to do with the Waveforms?

Oliver King 0 votes

The next question is how it behaves if you change the drawing performance from HIGH to MEDIUM (found in the preferences).

Pulse 0 votes

I'll try that as well, do I need to quit Rekordbox and reopen it when i change these settings at all?

Oliver King 0 votes

I've just created a ticket for you, you should see an email - our rekordbox team will get it and probably ask you a few more questions.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

Same problems. I tried, I believe all that is possible.

Pioneer ddj-sx2 / Rekordbox 4.05 / Mac Book Pro i7, 16gb Ram, 1To SSD, 500gb free.

The cpu get crazy with more or less noise and glitches on sound, without reason.  Can you imagine the situation when you mix in club or big party ?! It comes from Rekordbox for sure, I tested the SX2 with Traktor and Serato and it works perfectly. Unfortunately I prefer Rekordbox ! (However, a organisation of the tracks like Traktor would be welcome...for me.)

Thanks if you have an idea / solution, or I will be obliged to leave Rekordbox !

David Ardem 0 votes

@David > Please post to a new question so as not to confuse or contaminate this topic, I'll be happy to help you there.

Pulse 0 votes

@Oliver > Have you tried using another USB cable?

The engineers would also like you to provide a screenshot of the activity monitor, both the CPU and MEMORY tabs, please.

Pulse 0 votes

How does the dropout meter work inside of Rekordbox? Mine is at 50% when I play on performance mode? Do I need to worry? How do you lower it? 

S Portillo 0 votes

was there a fix for this??  I'm having a similar problem...

Brad Johnson 0 votes

@Brad > Are you using the latest version of rekordbox with updated firmware on your controller and have you followed other comments / tips in this topic to ensure your computer is running at its best?

Pulse 0 votes