Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Can we relocate missing tracks all at once?

My idea is to save my Music library with Google Drive / OneDrive but I don't want to relocate thousands of tracks one by one.

Is there currently a way to just tell Rekordbox to search for the missing tracks within a folder?

If not, Can we please have this feature?

Thanks for the replys

Michael Baumgartner

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

yes, file/display all missing files. then highlight all and relocate

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@BriChi i tried but i was not able to select a root folder and ask Rekordbox to search among files contained in that folder.

Giona Guidi 0 votes

when u see all missing it will ask you to find the first song missing and once u select it in the folder it will tell u can fin find all the other tracks missing

BriChi 0 votes

Okay so this might work for some that don't have multiple sub files.

I currently use Itunes to organize my music and as we know it doesn't play nice with Rekordbox.

How do we ask it to search the entire folder, rather then just the immediate open folder ?

adam brill 0 votes

i totally agree with Adam Brill. That's what i already asked in another post. This way is not as smart as in Traktor where you can chose a "root folder" and it will search in any sub folder. Any way to the same?

Giona Guidi 0 votes

I have many sub folders and it finds mine ok, Once i select the first track it is asking to relocate it prompts me if I want the rest found and i hit yes or ok and it scans through all my subs and finds them

BriChi 0 votes

Are you using mac ios? Because I assure you with windows 7 and 10 neither work the way you say it does..

adam brill 0 votes

Trust, i've Tried everything and they just rolled out a new rekordbox. This issue should have been addressed light years ahead of any other bugs.

adam brill 0 votes

As I just posted in another thread... STOP MOVING YOUR MUSIC!

Seriously though, the relocation process is incredibly difficult and sometimes it doesn't work properly in trying to re-match all of the files in their new destination. Try moving small batches or only relocating small batches of the whole.

Pulse 0 votes

As long as the sub-folders haven't changed, then it will mass-relocate anything below that parent folder. For example, if your folders used to be:

x:\Music\2016
x:\Music\2017
x:\Music\2018

...and you moved them to:

x:\MyMusic\2016
x:\MyMusic\2017
x:\MyMusic\2018

...the relocation would simply be changing from x:\Music to x:\MyMusic. All sub-contents would be relocated in one action.

If you were to change more than one scope, or have folders change beneath a common parent, you'd need to repeat the process. For example, if before you had:

x:\Music\2016-January
x:\Music\2016-February
x:\Music\2017-January
x:\Music\2017-February

...and now changed them to:

x:\Music\2016\January
x:\Music\2016\February
x:\Music\2017\January
x:\Music\2017\February

...that would need to relocate everything twice; once in the 2016 folder, and once in the 2017 folder, because you effectively made 2 parent changes.

Pulse 0 votes

EDIT***

All sorted. After 4 or 5 manual relocates, the MacBook suddenly found and relocated all 11,000+ tracks!!!  it just suddenly worked. 

Original message***

Hi guys. First post so please don't shoot me down.

So moving from a PC to a Mac,  My folders went from something like C:\Users\USER_NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Artist\Album\track to MacBook Pro folder structure...\Music\RBCollection\Artist\Album\track

When I use relocate all, it only finds the tracks in the same "Album".

What is the criteria for the folder change allowance?  Am I correct in saying it only works if "One" of the /"locations"/ is different, ie has changed example: 

C:\Users\USER_NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Artist\Album\track to C:\Users\USER_NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\RBox\Artist\Album\track  or

in my case it's gone from:

C:\Users\USER_NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Artist\Album\track to MacBook Pro folder structure...\Music\RBCollection\Artist\Album\track. 

If I understand correctly, because nothing AFTER the RBCollection has changed it should detect all of the tracks in the sub folders... but it simply doesn't. 

Am I simply doing something stupid?

Everyone's assistance is VERY much appreciated.

Pallet 0 votes

You won't believe this, but I got home from work, tried it again on a few more tracks and them suddenly everything is relocated! 

The process was the same and I changed nothing, but after the 4th or 5th individual track import it suddenly imported the full 11,000+ tracks! 

I'm very happy to say the least. 

Pallet 0 votes

So after I got home tonight, I tried it again on a few tracks manually. It can find individual tracks easily enough, butt then after the 4th r 5th track relocate the MacBook suddenly finds all 11,000+ tracks.

Nothing different was done, it just suddenly worked!

I'm a very happy chap at the moment.

Pallet 0 votes