I'm wondering if these are fake. The headphones actually look fine, I don't see many if any scuffs. However, I do have some concerns:
- the cable came wrapped in plastic. I know that the old packaging (with the Pioneer Pro DJ logo) did not have cord wrapped in plastic, however, my pair has a the new box (with Pioneer DJ logo), so I'm wondering if there is possibly a variation of packaging that includes plastic on the cable. I really need to confirm this, it's about the only "clear" giveaway if no genuine pairs have plastic wrapping.
- the headband seems a bit small, even when fully extended, it's still somewhat tight on me and the padding seems smaller than that of pictures. Can somebody confirm the length (arc or straight, specify) of the padding? The ear wholes seems a bit small as well. I do have a big head and ears, but I don't know.
- I can physically feel the drivers on the left with my ear.
- I did find I kind of light scratch on the extension bands on both sides.
- The sound doesn't quite right to me. Voices seems to be subdued. Might be my devices though (two phones and a laptop)
Please get back to me soon so I can return them if these are indeed fake.