Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Slow export to USB device from rekordbox 4.0.6 (24 hours +)

Since updating to 4.0.6 I have found exporting to my Kingston se9 G2 64GB taking forever, I had recently reformatted the drive to FAT32 and after at least 24 hours in it's still at only 34%!! It appears to be reanalysing each track which I can only assume is to update the waveform on the new NXS2 which I do not require as I use the XDJRX. I also have auto analysis unticked. It looks like it is doing something because as I go into the root folder of the the USB drive I am finding new tracks being uploaded each hour of the day. I am probably adding at least 40GB. Is this the normal time it should take? I don't ever remember it taking this long in previous exports from fresh. Some help would be much appreciated. I am worried of my laptop running continuous for this long! USB is plugged into the USB 3.0 port if that helps.

James Vardill

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

I had the same problem updating 13 trax onto a 64G SD.

Apparently every track on your USB is being updated to support the new Nexus CDJ's !

Smurf 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@James > If you formatted the card, it would have to re-export anything you send to it. The Kingston website lists the write speed of a SE9 G2 as 15MB/s. That's not terribly fast compared to a high performance USB drive capable of writing at 240MB/s. In my real-world testing of exporting 16GB of music from rekordbox to the drive rated of 240MB/s, I was getting 96MB/s, because the maximum speed is tested with a single large data file, whereas rekordbox has to write a mix of large and small files, and each small file takes as long to write the lead-in/lead-out as it does for the large files. So assuming your G2 drive is operating at 40% speed (as mine did), you're getting a write speed of 6MB/s.

@Smurf > SD cards aren't much better in terms of write speeds, so the same thing applies.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse Thanks for this, so I guess it's just a matter of letting it run and look at buying a better USB device in the future. I assume there is no way of stopping the analysis of the tracks to support the new nexus players to speed up the process? (Even with track auto analysis unticked) If I were to stop the export by pressing the x next to the status bar would it let it continue from the last state where I stopped the device when I start off the export again? 

James Vardill 0 votes

Hi guys, I have the same problem here! Upgraded (had 3.x before) to Recordbox 4 today and added couple of tracks to the library. When I put my USB stick to usb port and started exporting to device, it's terribly slow. I have gig in few hours and it's exporting like 2% per hour. Never had such problem with Recordbox 3.x. CPU is on max by Recordbox.

What's happening there in background?? Is it re-analyzing all the tunes on USB (even if I added just about 20 new tunes which I analyzed in Recordbox 4?). Can't believe it..

It's definitely not about USB transfer speed here as the same (similar) operations with Recordbox 4 took definitely less time (1-2 minutes max).

Thank you for help.

Lixx 0 votes

Also Rekordbox doesn't admit to export the database.

The mp3's are in the usb but rekordbox doesn't recognize it.

I lost my work.

Pioneer what are you doing????

Muridj Alessandro Murisciano 0 votes

@Muridj > I would need to know what you've done (step-by-step) to get to where you are. Please start a new topic instead of posting as a reply here for further assistance.

@Lixx > If you've just updated to 4.x, there will certainly be re-analysis needed for your tracks, so yes, it would take some time to process your tracks. Also, the export will take some time to send the new data - as per previous posts, the time required is heavily dependant on your export device, not rekordbox itself.

Pulse 0 votes

Is there an option to NOT let RB re-analyse my tracks in a playlist when adding a few tracks to a playlist and then exporting that playlist to my flashdrive? 

I have a Kingston HyperX and just added like 3 tracks to a playlists of prob 200 tracks last night before my set... ended up copying for like an hour!!! Had to drive to my gig all the way with my laptop on my lap busy exporting... 

Armand 0 votes

I had same issue, taking literally hours to add twenty new tracks.  not good when you need to do this en route to gigs!!   my solution was to downgrade to 4.03.  this worked perfectly. I'm back to snappy downloads.   so, my conclusion is that there is something going wrong with 4.06        we need this sorting pioneer please......this is a big bug!!!

Steve Kirk 0 votes

UPDATE: Still going at least 48 hours later...... This last 20% should be done by tomorrow night I reckon 🙈 

James Vardill 0 votes

wow for only 5000 tracks? thats insane

on my mac I'm transferring at the normal rate, mines doing 100 tracks in under a minute on USB3 HFS+

BriChi 0 votes

@Pulse Yes, it took a while, few hours. I think it would be nice to know in advance, what's going to be happen. Still not understand, if it is re-analysing whole library before export, or just playlist where I added the new tunes, or if just those new tunes.. Will try to re-analyze whole library during the week when I have no gig planned and will see how it will go. Thanks.

Lixx 0 votes