Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Gettin no sound fron Pioneer djm-t1?? Maybe wrong Traktor settings?

Hey guys. I have a Pioneer djm-T1 in mint condition but am having some unexplainable issues.. Just downloaded the new firmware and the tsi file from pioneer dj and tried running Traktor. I have a licensed version of 2.10 and I used the work around to run the 32bit version like another post reccommended.

The midi functions all seem to work knobs sliders etc, the timecode signal is good, the mixer is receiving audio and the meters all move but theres absolutely no sound from mains, booth or headphones. It's like I have mute on or something. I switched around all the output routing combinations and input combos. Been using Traktor for some time with an s4 and a6 among others and I've never not been able to get it to work. I can't imagine ALL the mixers outputs are somehow disabled but I'm starting to wonder.

I'm going to uninstall Traktor and the T1 drivers and re-install but is it something obvious I'm missing or have set incorrectly?? I'm hoping it's something simple but right now I feel like monkey trying to use tools. Nothings working lol

Aaron Foley

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Also the laptop i'm running is an HP probook 655 G1, A10 quad-core 2.5ghz 8gb RAM. Haven't run into any problems running Traktor before on this machine. Any help is appreciated!

Aaron Foley 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well just spent the morning uninstalling, re-installing everything and defragnenting my laptop to no avail. Still, everything in Traktor responds but I don't get sound from any output. It's configured exactly as the T1 instructions read. I even watched several YouTube videos on different configurations and tried them all including the setup wizard. Nothing. Mixer reads signal and all faders knobs sliders work. I proceeded to plug a mic into the aux/mic input and nothing there either so it's not exclusive to the software, now I'm worried the T1 really is defective.. Even opened the mixing board and checked the fuse inside with a multi-meter. It's good and the mixer is completely perfect inside. No sign of anything damaged, burnt or disconnected or anything that would raise a red flag. The suckers spotless inside. Guess I'll be contacting Pioneer tomorrow to send it in for repair wich I really can't afford. Hopefully I'll get some response by then in case I'm missing something obvious.. Used my Traktor S4 last night for my gig but REALLY was hoping to start using the T1. Also the local repair shop thats in my area that is listed on Pioneers website has horrendous reviews. I mean really bad so I am not inclined to take it there. It's bad enough that I bought a lemon, I don't want it to get any worse. If anybody in tech-support can PLEASE respond I really need advice or at least to know where to send it since I'm nearly certain its a hardware issue at this point. I've repaired my fair share of gear over the years, I'm pretty decent at troubleshooting problems like this and I'm stumped..

Aaron Foley 0 votes

Have you tried running an audio source through the mixer's inputs to see if that works (other than the Mic / Aux)?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi thanks for responding. But yes, I did that first before anything but at the time figured the lack of sound was due to maybe the mixer needing to run with traktor or not having the latest firmware installed. I was previously unfamiliar with the T1. Since, I have updated everything and have even had a friend try and help who's familiar with the mixer and no luck. As crazy as it sounds, I actually think its the mixer with the audio issue.. I love Pioneer DJ gear in general but this is just defective it seems.. I'll need to ship it in to servicing if thats possible? I'd really like to avoid buying a new mixer if I can have this repaired. As I mentioned, it is second hand but in perfect condition cosmetically so I bought it thinking nothing of it. Hope you can help.

Aaron Foley 0 votes