Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

juggling with rekordbox

i think when juggling or scratching with rekordbox the sound loses alot of its characteristics or it sound fake juggling or so digital ,when i scratch with serato it doesnt lose its quality it feels real.I dunno but i just feel it ,does anyone agree with me?

Sam DeeJay

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

100% agree, there needs to be massive sound improvements when scratching or dragging a track slowly forward or back to cue

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

yes, any setting and it sound very "digital" when slow dragging parts of tracks and theres popping/clicking noises too when doing so

happens on my macbook pro and iMac so its not just linked to an issue to one particular machine

BriChi 0 votes

@BriChi thanks for the upload.  I definitely hear what the sound you are referring to.  Please leave that sound clip uploaded as I plan on sending the link to the engineering team.  I will open a ticket for this issue.  I will post an update here when I receive one.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Thanks guys for checking and helping ,but the case mainly is the sound it is so digital when juggling  i dunno if the algorithm used by pioneer,i need to feel it real or close to vinyl specially if there is gonna be a dvs coming to rkrdb so its have to be in a very high resolution 

i have macbook pro i7/the latency is set to 2.9 ms.

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

@Sam > Try sliding the buffer setting more to the right and see if that help the sound you are referring to.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

UPDATE:  

@BriChi > The engineers pointed out that when you made this recording, you had no Pioneer DJ equipment connected and stated that "scratching" by dragging the waveform with your mouse you may hear popping and clicking regardless of your buffer size because the specification for GUI scratching is not the same as jog wheel scratching.  

If these same pops and clicks occur when you are using Pioneer DJ equipment, please send us a new screenshot showing connected equipment and an updated audio recording of the issue.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

gotcha, I will hook up my gear today and do some more testing and report back

BriChi 0 votes

@Pulse yes i will try to do that as soon as i get my controller thx.

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

I'm Mark, not Pulse ;)

I'm much more handsome yet slightly shorter.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

with the 2000 Nexus' it sounds good, not perfect but definitely better then recorded above

BriChi 0 votes