Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

the itunes xml file specified is unsbale to be read properly

Since re installing Macbook I get an error stating the itunes xml file specified is unsbale to be read properly. iTunes library is on an external drive as it has always been, the only thing that has changed is having to reinstall everything from scratch due to new logo board.

Stuart Howitt

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am using version 3.3.0, as I had to reinstall everything form scratch everything is running the latest versions.

Stuart Howitt 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

When you say you reinstalled from scratch, did you happen to copy your old rekordbox database into the new computer? And if so, did you possibly create a user profile with a different name than previously used?

Pulse 0 votes

No my logic board failed and lost everything hence why everything had to be reinstalled again. The external hard drive is the same as before and the iTunes library is connected to iTunes on the Macbook with no problems.

Stuart Howitt 0 votes

So any ideas on a solution? Traktor and Serato both have no issues with the iTunes library.

Stuart Howitt 0 votes

@Stuart > When you reinstalled, was the user name you created for the profile on the new operating system EXACTLY the same as the old user name?

Pulse 0 votes

@Stuart > Please try this...

Be sure Rekordbox is closed. Go to Finder, and click Go (from the menu) and go to folder... ~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox

Open the rekordbox3.settings file (with TextEdit) and find these two lines:

<VALUE name="itunesLibraryFile"
<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory"

Please tell me what the values are from each line.

Next, we need to check the home folder for the current user:

• Open System Preferences application
  • Click Users & Groups
  • Click the padlock to unlock it, if it is not already unlocked. Enter user name and password for an Admin user.
  • Right click on the User name you want to find the home directory for, select Advanced Options...
  • Beside Home Directory you will see the path for that user, copy that into the reply as well.
Pulse 0 votes

Hi,
Have you installed Rekordbox before iTunes or after ? In Preferences, bridge you can check if your xml iTunes library file is correct.

Also have updated iTunes recently, in my case I have to check the box in iTunes advanced preferences "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications"

Regards

Modern Soul 0 votes

Rekordbox was installed after iTunes and yes the checkbox is checked.

Stuart Howitt 0 votes

Have you try the solution proposed by @Pulse ?
and in Preferences, bridge can you check if your xml iTunes library file is correct ?
Thanks

Modern Soul 0 votes

@pulse here's the info requested.

<VALUE name="itunesLibraryFile" val="/Users/stuarthowitt/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"/>

<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory" val="/Users/stuarthowitt/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox"/>

Home Directory /Users/stuarthowitt

Stuart Howitt 0 votes

I have sort it by moving the entire library to the local drive,

Stuart Howitt 0 votes

Is there any way to solve this problem? My applications are running from one drive, however I keep my iTunes library on a separate drive.

Adam F 0 votes

Go to iTunes/Preferences/Advanced and check Share iTunes Library XML with other applications. It should work then. 

Jonathan Pepin 0 votes

I have occurred the problem with my iTunes when I want to access the XML file, its unable to read properly. it shows an error like iTunes error 5105 and I don't know how to get the resolution with this. By the way here I get the more valuable information about iTunes XML file support extension.

john smith 1 vote

I have used Macbook since long time and faced these type of error and I can't understand why this happens then I decide to take help and found iCloud Support Number they provide help related to iDevices and satisfied their customers. 

Alicia Bussau 0 votes