Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

Rekordbox DJ for XDJ-RX ?

Hi. Are there any future plans for making Rekordbox DJ Controller available for XDJ-RX ? I'm not seing it on compatibility list yet (https://rekordbox.com/en/products/rekordboxdj/function.php).
It is quite an expensive controller not to be able to be used with the new features. It has already MIDI capabilities, so I don't see the reason why was left out.

Dan Branc

Official comment

When you purchased your XDJ-RX, you bought a stand-alone device which is capable of playing rekordbox prepared content. Nowhere on the packaging or product description was there mention of being able to control rekordbox as a DVS directly from the controller. There is absolutely no reason for you to be upset right now, no matter how much you paid. Your RX already does more now than it was capable of at the first release.

What I can tell you is the initial rekordbox DJ release will only support certain models of the Pioneer product line, but that will be expanded to include other models as time goes on. You can continue to use rekordbox (even rekordbox 4.0) as a tool to prepare and link your content to the RX.

Patience is your friend.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

I agree cannot understand?
Rekordbox DJ for XDJ-R1 too
Why is Rekordbox DJ not available for this unit too, its a simple map. The unit uses Rekordboox but we are then forced to use Virtual DJ.

nick warwick 0 votes

I am also curious as to whether it will work with the DDj-SB2 upon that controller's release. I don't understand why it wouldn't be listed, the release is only a couple weeks away.

Will Holmes 0 votes

we are always the usual. I bought XDJ rx and as usual, the LEDs midi malfunction, the console does not even class compliant, and now you realize that a console wego 3 console as kids and compatible with rekordbox 4, while you who have not spent 1,600 € you can use the new rekordbox, they managed to fool me again!

dj veleno 0 votes

i'm very upset that the XDJ RX is not on that list. i spent so much money on this unit for it not to be included in this update. And all the features that the new rekordbox has is what I've been asking for in this forum, and now its here but not compatible with my XDJ RX that really SUCKS!!!!! Wish i can return it now and get something else .....smh

Oneil Nicholas 0 votes

i'm olso upset that the XDJ RX is not on that list... and another thig is that we have to pay for an software that used to be free, for useinig it as an controler... if u buy an Native Instrument controler the software is free and if u want the extra's such stems,samples,etc u must pay ...

Dj Hairless 0 votes

@Hairless > The software remains free. The paid portion is the add-on to use it as a DVS (performance software) which you couldn't do before. Nothing you're doing now is changing, the new features are what costs you if you decide you want them.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > If will be available for my XDJ RX i'm gonna buy it...but i think there's no luck for me....

Dj Hairless 0 votes

Pulse I also would like to say it seems odd you would not support the xdj rx that being said I love my xdj rx and just think it would be a great leaning tool if it were to work with rekord box dj . So that When I upgrade my controller I would be ahead of the learning curve . Thanks for listening .....

Rick Auletta 0 votes

@Rick > It's possible that it may be added in the future but for the time being we don't have any information available for you. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

I bought the XDJ-RX....love it.  I see there's an Ethernet link cable that came with the XDJ-RX.  If I buy Rekordbox DJ can I connect it to the XDJ-RX via this link?

Jamaal 0 votes

@Jamaal > That's for use in EXPORT mode to browse your collection on rekordbox from the RX or to drag-and-drop tracks from rekordbox to the RX.

If you want to use rekordbox in PERFORMANCE mode, you need to connect the RX via USB.

Pulse 0 votes

OK, so to browse my collection from laptop use Link to add to RX.....to use Rekordbox DJ performance need a USB.......thanks for the info Pulse!

Jamaal 0 votes