Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox issue

Leonne DJ LOW Breen

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

Why do I have to re analylise all my tunes? Before I update my usbs with new tracks? It's taking ages and quick ways ?

Leonne DJ LOW Breen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

you don't have to, you only have to if you want the new data for the NXS2 decks plus you don't have to re-analyze them all, you just have to "add new analysis data"

BriChi 0 votes

Ye about 20 mins ago.. I went to update my sticks and it just started analysing them again so I stopped and took my stick out and there was only about 9 off my 500 plus tunes on there

Yeah.  Sounds about right.  Rekordbox needs to add additional information to all tracks it exports for possible use with the CDJ-2000NXS2.  The initial export will take longer than normal because of this additional info, but it only happens once.  In the future, you should never remove your drive in the middle of the export process.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Ok so when I update my next usb it should be faster?.. I didn't just pull it out...

No, when you update that same USB stick, it will be faster.  Each USB stick will have to undergo that initial longer export before exporting speed to that USB stick returns to normal.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Is there anyway that in the next usb I dnt have to re analyse the tubes while there goin on and change it back because I don't have the 2000nxs2 ?

you don't have to reanalyze your tracks every time you put in a USB drive, you already have them updated with the new info in your collection so just plug in the new usb and let it sync for a while. I hope you're not actually reanalyzing your entire collection before you plug a flash drive in

BriChi 0 votes

I think that's what I've done...  ah well ill just have to suffer by re updating my sticks!

if you only have 500 tracks it should be quick, I do 2500 tracks on stick quickly with USB3

BriChi 0 votes

I agree with you though that we shouldn't be pretty much forced to do this, I don't have nor will i ever use the NXS2 so why do i have to update my entire collection of 36,000 tracks with info and more data i'll never need

BriChi 0 votes

Apparently I misunderstood.  I assumed you knew you didn't need to reanalyze every time.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

No.. so when I put my other usb in will I have to do all this again even no I dnt have nxs2.. or can I just put it in and just put new music on there but without updating all the tunes already on there if u understand?

you don't have to update the tunes on the flash drive but if you have SYNC setup to sync when you plug it in then it will do it automatically, if you manually manage you flash drive then you can just add the new tracks

BriChi 0 votes

Ok will give it ago coz it's taking ages to update one stick.. I'm new to rekordbox so cheers for your help !

my pleasure, good luck

there are posts of FAT drives taking a really long time for some reason if thats your case too

BriChi 0 votes

Second stick updating alot quicker must of been the coz the tracks were re analysis what took the time thanks guys !!