Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

TSP 2.9 WITH CDJ 2000NXS | CDJ 900NXS | CDJ 2000

ok so i know this has been asked before but cannot find anything recent.

At home Im running TSP with my cdi 2000 nxs and everything is fine.
I went to the club which had cdj 900NXS and cdj 2000 and I couldn't get it set up correctly. I could only get the 900s and the 2000s playing through 1 channel. i.e. traktor > Output deck A > L & R and the same for Output deck B.
I presume its something to do with the aggregate devices but I just assumed that as Ive had it running successfully with my cdi 2000NXS that I wouldn't have to do anything else.

Am I wrong? do I need to create another aggregate device for the cdi 900s and for the cdi 2000s.

any help appreciated

Lorraine Mills

Official comment

If you're not using exactly that configuration, yes, you need to create another aggregate device. If the hardware doesn't exist, the software aggregate can't find it or fake it.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

I tried that when they was connected via CDJ aggregator. The decks were shown but still couldn't split the channels.

Lorraine Mills 0 votes

@Lorraine > If your aggregate device was showing with both decks connected, you would have been able to assign the channels within Traktor. It sounds to me like the aggregate wasn't identifying the hardware properly.

Pulse 0 votes

That's the thing. Traktor was only giving me L & R options for A & B decks. Very annoying. Anything else I could try ?

Lorraine Mills 0 votes

You can't use the same aggregate for a pair of CDJ-2000's as you can for a CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900, you need to create a new one.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok thanks. So u can't do this until the units are plugged in. Therefore u have to try and do that at the same time as taking over the from the dj. Think I'll stick to rekordbox

Lorraine Mills 0 votes

@Lorraine > If you've already configured it once before, it will recognize the hardware and away you go.

Pulse 0 votes

That's the prob. When I turn up to play at a club I won't have been able to configure it prior. Thanks for ur help

Lorraine Mills 0 votes

Not if I'm playing at 4am no. Nevermind it was worth trying traktor out in a live environment. I'll stick to rekordbox. Thanks for ur help pulse

Lorraine Mills 0 votes

lol - no worries, hope you can get it sorted in case you run into it again in the future. rekordbox really does make it simple and with the new version coming out soon, it will really open the opportunities for DJs.

Pulse 0 votes