Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Traktor Pro Native Support for DJM-900 NXS2 and CDJ-2000 NXS2??

my club has upgraded to DJM-900 NXS2 and CDJ-2000 NXS2 and i couldn't get it to work like the 1st Gen DJM-900 NXS.

Even though some people have been telling me it has traktor native support like the 1st generation djm-900 or the XDJ-1000

website/ official website doesn't disclose any native- support for third party software, can someone or someone from Pioneer clarify this? 

much appreciated.

Twistesound

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

DJM900NXS2 works ok with traktor (just not dvs if your a traktor scratch user). You'd need the nxs2 driver on your laptop to rock up with though. 

As for the CDJ's..... haven't a clue sir. 

Barn_uk 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

SO what I want to do is hook up my CDJ2000nxs2s using the rekordbox w/ an SD card and wire those into traktor using Live Input decks for A & B. That way, I can use Traktor's FX (and possibly use a 3rd regular deck through traktor if I want). 

Last night, I swear I managed to be able to get my DJM900NXS2 mixer working in USB mode w/ traktor so I could have the Live Input decks each read front the DJM900NXS2's Digital input while sending their respective deck output audio back to the DJM through the USB output. I had it working for like 5 minutes and then I had to restart traktor and now I can't get it to work again.

The DJM software driver is configured properly (from the user configuration side, I have the OUTPUT section for decks 1 and 2 set to "CONTROL TONE DIGITAL") and I've got the INPUT section on my mixer both set to the proper USB port. The output from Traktor to the mixer appears to be working as I can use a standard Track deck and hear the output just fine. It appears to the input from the mixer in the software driver from the input channels on the mixer which are not working properly. It is not working on any of the mixer channels and I also tried LINE just to make sure it wasn't a digital input problem.

Any ideas? The frustrating part is that I swear I had it working for those 5 minutes. I've re=installed both the driver and traktor multiple times now in hopes there wasn't some rogue configuration file stopping it from working. To my knowledge there is no other software (like rekordbox) trying to use the DJM driver, either.

Corey Nolet 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink