Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox taking ages to import tracks

I have recently bought an XDJ-RX, and I thought whilst waiting on it getting delivered, I would try to load some song to Rekordbox. Good job I did, because it's taking forever to analyze the tracks on Rekordbox! I went to bed last night, with about 40 tracks being analyzed, woke this morning to find 21 remaining!

Also, it seemed to have stopped at this point, as I checked it through the night and it had 22 remaining, went back to bed, and in another 4 hours or so it had only finished the one track. I've deleted all of the un-analyzed tracks, imported them again, and in about 15 minutes it has done 1% of 1 track.

Am I trying to import to many at once, or what's the problem?

Obviously I'm keen to get playing with them straight away when I get them.

Ryan Reid

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

Approximately takes 4 second per track. I have 12gb ram pc and DDJSX . You did not put too many tracks. I put few thousands, and works fine for me. But is weird why you have those issues during analyzing.

Dubrvko Posavec 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

I have 4gb RAM in my laptop. It's taking a lot longer than 4 seconds though! It's taking around 15 minutes per track now, I'd say. I changed the analysis settings so that it does more than one at a time, but it's still taking far too long.

Ryan Reid 1 vote

Whatever 15 min per track is too long. Did you tried to analyse without controller. Or Start task manager and see your cpu usage in PC. 4gb ram is good enough for rekordbox.

Dubrvko Posavec 1 vote

I don't have the controller yet, it should arrive tomorrow. I thought I'd try and get a bit of a head start by sorting out my tracks before it arrived. Task manager says rekordbox is using 70% of my CPU!

Ryan Reid 0 votes

I have also 4gb ram pc . I checked says 25%. In my 12 gb ram pc says 10 %.

Dubrvko Posavec 1 vote

So something isn't right then. I'll wait for an answer from someone at Pioneer. Do they answer on here quite regularly?

Ryan Reid 0 votes

They are regularly..I hope they will see our conversation soon. You will be happy with Pioneer controller and Rekordbox,is awesome. I tried to help you,now you can compare yours cpu results with my results. 

Dubrvko Posavec 1 vote

It does seem like a good piece of software, I just think it should not take this long to analyze my tracks. Thank you for your help, I'll just wait for someone from pioneer to help me.

Ryan Reid 0 votes

I tried that, this was all I found, which I have done. It's not made a lot of difference though. It does 2 tracks at a time, which is a bit better, it still takes far too long though.

Importing and analyzing is slow, is it multi-core optimized?
As of rekordbox 3, there is multi-core optimized analysis! If you find that it's only doing one track at a time, go into Preferences > Analysis and change the Concurrent Process Mode to Performance.

Ryan Reid 0 votes

Then you should wait on Pioneer guys to solve your problem. i'm curious what is it.

Thank you!

Dubrvko Posavec 1 vote

OLAH Ryan. It's really strange that rekordbox analyze tracks so slowly as you say & i think your issue have an easy solution like a desfragmentation, other maintenance tools, or upgrade your Memory RAM capacity, but just in case, please make an inquiry from the link below. Then, you will be provided more detailed advice.

https://rekordbox.com/en/support/inquiry.php 

Take care,

Pioneer DJ Forum support

Pedro 0 votes

OK, thanks Pedro. I'm updating my windows to the latest version, and also trying to defrag my drive. Hopefully one of them will work, if not, I'll try the link you supplied.

Ryan Reid 0 votes

Dear Ryan, just to close this ticket for future reference:

You are using a Compaq presario Compaq CQ58 with AMD E1-1500 1,48GHz CPU.

The AMD E1-1500 CPU in your laptop is relatively slow and not do not meet the minimum 2GHz dual core requirement for rekordbox DJ

I've compared the benchmarks from this CPU to a common intel i5 3,4GHz processor, it's about 10 to 50 times as slow. which could make sense.  A track that would be analysed in 30 seconds with a intel i5 3570K would take about 300 to 1500 seconds to analyse with the AMD CPU. 

With kind regards,

Pioneer DJ support

Roel 0 votes