Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

FML NYE2016 spent kissing as and refunding money

YOur update CRASHES 2 times a party FU FYI

Im out $1500 Moving on thanks alot

Barrymore

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Many users had successful NYE events while using v4.0.5.

Unfortunately, I can't help you as you didn't provide me with any pertinent information.  If you'd like to provide me with more information I will do my best to help you solve any issues you're having.

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

What would you like to know? It crashed for no reason I could tell at 10:30 and when reopened it froze. Took 6 min till I could get sound again. Had to redo the agg audio midi as well. Then at 12:20 another crash 4 min till I got sound. 

No logs as I have no idea how to get them. 

The endeavour of yours is a waste of time. And my money. If appreciate a refund this was the first time in years I've had to disappoint people the way I had. It can take a lot of energy and effort on the part of a DJ to get a diverse group to get behind a sound. To become a party. And when you drop the ball. By adding silence. You compound the problem. Because you lose the trust of the venue of the guest. You lose the trust YOU have in the system and software. 

I can't trust you. Not with my rep. My money or the faith of my clients. I took a big hit. And I'm far from happy. 

Barrymore 0 votes

Runnin OSX Mav. Rekordbox 4.5 2x CDJ2000nex what tracks? Cannot recall. Recreate, well ... It happened 2 times. And I haven't the time to do it. I gigged every day from the 26th onward. Have a kid and guests. So if I find the time tonight I will try to figure out what tracks. But doubt I'll be running before any updates. 

Barrymore 0 votes

Other issues took place, but cannot be sure how/why for instance Agg Device, would not be recognized after restart... I would have to recreate one each time. 

Also had some LAG when using hot cue points, with and without Quantize on. it would be a 1/2 beat behind. However if I was "bouncing" the beat for a bit it would work out. CPU was still on idle basically too.

Barrymore 0 votes

@Barrymore > I see you haven't yet filed a support inquiry; could you please do that so we can provide additional support?

Pulse 0 votes

Ticket opened. Seems I cannot find any .dmp files. The suggestion is to remove Rekordbox with 3rd party software and reinstall. 

At the end of the day, I cannot trust the software to run. I have no idea what caused the crash. It could be my set up a song a poor install the weather anything. So I will be using Serato another year or so. 

Perhaps at another date Pioneer will release something that works for me. I asked for a refund. No dice. So if anyone is looking for a licence key??? 

Barrymore 0 votes

@Barrymore > I looked at your ticket and that is the exact same information I would have given you here. It seems that you gave up without locating the crash logs. Do you want me to provide further assistance in locating those or are you throwing in the towel?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm going to throw in the towel. I tried following the directory path HDD>user>library>reckordbox> and so on. I simply do not have the folders. No idea why. 

I did just a search for the file extension. nil. I've spent more time than it's worth seeking the needed info. And just don't care. I know I started this thread hostile. But I was. And so would anyone else.

ive done as asked. Just don't see any effort. And I know there is nothing you can do with out the info. The info I can't seem to locate on my Mac. So call it quits. Why waste anyone's time. 

I dint trust the software to perform with it. So. ...

Barrymore 0 votes

@Barrymore > You're not going to simply find that folder by browsing for it. Go to the Finder and from the top menu, select Go > Go to Folder... then in the pop-up window, copy and paste this:

~/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox/crashes

Attach any of the files you find in there here for me.

Pulse 0 votes

I do want to say thanks for all your help. I do appreciate your keeping on the case. 

Barrymore 0 votes

I am not sure how to add them here, I did add them to the support ticket

I am only allowed to add jpeg, gif or png :(

Barrymore 0 votes