Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Traktor pro or scratch?

Hi, could someone tell me what timecode control is and which of either pro 2 or scratch pro i need? Im using to cdj 350s and a djm 350 and am buying a control x1 to use with traktor as well.

Thanks

Thomas Russell

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

I tried to explain this but it got too complicated as I was typing so I deleted it :|  I suggest you watch a bunch of YouTube videos to learn a bit more but here are some highlights to keep in mind.

-Timecode allows you to use your CDJs to manipulate Traktor on your laptop.

-Traktor Scratch Pro 2 is what you need to use timecode.

-Traktor Pro 2 is the software alone (I believe) which can be used with external MIDI controllers.

-If your mixer is not "Traktor Certified" then you will need an external, compatible sound card that will allow you to use this setup.

-The X1 is a Midi controller (no sound card) which allows you to control Traktor (or any other DJ software) on your laptop.  The one reason why it may not be a one stop shop would be mainly due to the fact that it is for deck control without a jog wheel. so all you have is play cue loop etc. controls. No mixer control.

Feel free to ask any more questions after you do some research and I will try to help you out.

SRNM 0 votes

Ended up buying traktor pro 2 as I was told I could use the cdj 350 and djm 350 in HID mode and that I only needed traktor scratch pro if I wanted to use either turntables or a Cdj that's not capable of HID. I also figured out that as both the Cdj 350s have sound cards I wouldn't need an external audio interface but I would only be able to use 2 decks on traktor which is all I needed anyway. Think this is all correct, will find out when my usb cables arrive along with my x1

Thomas Russell 0 votes

Cool, glad it worked out for you.  The HID method is so much more superior than the time code so you will definitely enjoy it.  Have fun!

SRNM 0 votes