Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Link not working with DJM 2000

I'm using RekordBox with my DJM 2000/2 CDJ 2000 Nexus decks.
I used to get the link button showing up at the bottom, but it's disappeared now, seemingly for no reason. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago, nothing has changed since then that I can think of.

The computer is running Windows 10, connecting to the internet via a USB WiFi Adapter.

Here's a list of all the troubleshooting I've done:
- Re-installed the Software
- Used multiple ethernet cables
- Used same cables on a different computer also running Windows 10 (worked with no issues)
- Verified ethernet port on computer works by connecting it directly to my router
- Reinstalled ethernet device drivers
- Disabled/Re-enabled ethernet port
- Disabled firewall
- Ensured "Use "LINK MONITOR" of Pioneer DJ Mixers" in Preferences > Audio was checked
- Restarted 10+ times
- Cried in bathroom for multiple hours

I would really appreciate any help here! This is a really big problem for me, I NEED this functionality but I realllllly don't want to have to reinstall Windows. Please let me know anything else I can try.

T-Top

Please sign in to leave a comment.

33 comments

Forgot to mention, also tried disconnecting the WiFi adapter so the only connection to my computer was the DJM 2000

T-Top 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@T-Top > We typically don't recommend crying in the bathroom for multiple hours. Instead, please try reading the rekordbox read-me article for troubleshooting steps, and if nothing there solves your problem, post back here with the answers from the bottom of that article and we'll see if there's anything else we can do.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks Pulse. Still no luck.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 10
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) rekordbox version: 3.30 rev. 4268-5192
4b) LINK Connection method: DJM2000 direct to computer
4c) Using with CDJs: Yes, 2x CDJ 2000 Nexus; Firmware Version: 1.24
5) Source: Direct link (ethernet)
5b) Connection type: Ethernet
5c) Does the device have multiple partitions: My computer has multiple partitions
5d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: N/A
5e) With what utility did you format the device: N/A
6) Export Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: N/A
6b) Connection type: Ethernet
6c) Does the device have multiple partitions: N/A
6d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: N/A
6e) With what utility did you format the device: N/A
7) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both?: N/A
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No
10a) If yes, please post a link to it: N/A
11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:
My setup consists of a DJM 2000, 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus decks, & a desktop computer running Windows 10. The CDJs are connected to the DJM 2000 via ethernet, and the DJM is connected to my computer via Ethernet (no router/hub)
12) Provide as much detail of the issue here
Link button is not showing up in RekordBox. Link button was previously working aprx. 2 weeks prior. No recent hardware changes or software changes other than graphics driver upgrades.

T-Top 0 votes

Windows 10 is going to be where I point my finger - it's currently unsupported for use with rekordbox. When rekordbox 4.0 is released this Thursday, it's my understanding it will fully support Windows 10.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, glad that's happening so soon! I'll hold out til Thursday and pray that it works :)

T-Top 0 votes

Just grabbed the new update and unfortunately I'm still having my problem :(

T-Top 0 votes

Just bumping this as it looks like it got buried with all the other new posts.

Any other recommendations or anything I should try?
I've also tried downgrading my NIC drivers to it's windows 8 & windows 7 versions which didn't make a difference - so I don't think it's a networking issue.

T-Top 0 votes

Okay, so you've tried another computer with Windows 10 and it worked - we'll have to narrow it down to the settings on this computer.

I expect you've already disabled any Windows and 3rd party security software and firewalls, and have connected a single player (not DJM, just a SINGLE CDJ) directly to the computer via ethernet.

When you did that, were you able to link at all? What was the IP address that the system assigned to the connection (you can find out by going into a command terminal and typing ipconfig /all and finding the adapter the CDJ is connected to.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the response Pulse, really do appreciate the help here.

Yes, I've disabled all firewall/security related software.
I hadn't actually considered connecting a single CDJ directly though, never done that so I didn't realize that linked as well but it certainly makes sense.

During the testing I ran into a very interesting problem.
The 2nd computer that RekordBox was previously working on stopped working with the Link.
This led me to beleive the issue was with a Windows update that had already been pushed to the other computer, but just hit this one recently.

I uninstalled the most recent update on that computer (the one that had been working up until now), KB3093266. Turns out this is a cumulative update - 500 MB - lots of stuff in there. I uninstalled this update and the link started working again!

This got me very excited - but I checked my problematic computer and it didn't have this update. I uninstalled every Windows update it would let me, but the problem remains. There is however, one update that my problematic computer has that the other one does not - KB3081441. It won't let me uninstall this update, even through an administrator cmd. I'm not sure if the problem is directly with this update but figured it was worth noting. The firewall was disabled the whole time I attempted this.

Anyways, after this happened, I tried connecting both of my CDJs to the computer with no luck. I tested both CDJs using the same cable on the other Windows 10 computer and it linked both times with no problem (after uninstalling the update.)

On the problematic computer, I received an IP address of
169.254.243.177 when connected to all 3 devices (both CDJs and the DJM) (just to clarify - I tried each one separately, one at a time, direct connection, and they all gave the same IP)

On the computer where it worked, the IP for all 3 devices was 169.254.0.54
I tried setting the other computer to the same IP/Subnet mask, but still had the same problem - so I set it back to default/automatic settings.

T-Top 0 votes

Note: Sorry for the wall of text, I tried to format it with extra line breaks but I guess the website removes those

T-Top 0 votes

Hey Pulse, saw you're back posting again today & figured the notifications from this one has been buried, so bumping again

T-Top 0 votes

Not buried, but I'm working backwards down 260 notifications on posts. <sigh>

I'll get to you, don't worry! It's just easier for me to spend a bunch of time rapid-firing through the questions than to pull out hardware and make a walk-through for you, but I haven't forgotten about this issue! It's in my notifications somewhere. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Ahh okay, fair enough! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't misapprehended off your radar :)

T-Top 0 votes

This forum could really do with an edit feature... I just felt it necessary to correct this... I have no idea how the word misapprehended came out, pretty sure I typed
f a l l e n lol

T-Top 0 votes

There are some updates coming to the forum software this fall - we're waiting until they iron out a couple of items before we update. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Just wanted to note that I've upgraded to the latest release and am still having the problem :(

T-Top 0 votes

I just want to check as I didn't see the clear answer - were you able to link one CDJ direct to rekordbox?

Pulse -1 votes

T-Top and Pulse

Good day to all

I am glad to have made my way to this forum topic. I too have the exact same gear configuration: DJM-2000nxs / (2) CDJ-2000nxs (All updated to their respective latest firmware) As I also have same problem: "Link" is not possible on Rekordbox. Just to be clear, I am updated to ver 4.0.4.

For some reason the Ethernet connection is not talking to Rekordbox, therefore If you go to Preferences / Audio / Control Device Information.......nothing is there. I have configured and reconfigured and re-reconfigured my LAN properties to no avail.

I have however, through process of elimination, have diagnosed that connecting just one CDJ-2000nxs via USB directly to the Laptop, it works! by way of the "Link" on the CDJ. Of course, that's not what the desired intention is.

I will be conducting another experiment, and it may work. I will be connecting all the devices named via a USB hub. I will keep evy1 posted on the results. This will be a temporary fix.

The end result is this: Rekordbox is the culprit. An update is required to resolve this issue.

Pioneer DJ and Rekordbox, your attention/cooperation/coordination in this is needed.

Thank you all!

LoboDan 0 votes

I have same setup. DJM 2000 Nexus with 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus and the link is working, have just been using it this weekend for at least 8 hours. All hardware devices are working with the latest firmware & drivers;

Are you using the rekordbox Mac or Win Version? I am running latest Vesion (4.0.4) with OSX 10.11.2 and having no troubles so far.

Ben Kenobi 0 votes

Daniel Hartmann

Thanks for the inquiry and info

I am personally running Rekordbox Win Version. When it was ver 3, there was no problems, and everything worked exceptional.......after the update to ver 4, all that changed.

Glad to see the Mac Version is working without problems.

I have never been too dependent on my Software running the show. I mainly use it to analyze and organize all my tracks. Having the Software at a gig just makes things convenient and helps to save time when it is crucial. However, one must always have a second and even a third option if things go awry.

Still, the fact remains......Rekordbox (and now that I know) WIN VERSION haha, is the root of the problem. No worries

Come on New Horizons....... 4.0.5!!!

Cheers

LoboDan 0 votes

Well, I think this software is so new and so beta that you should not expect too much from it. I just did not activate my 30 days trial because I wanted to wait at least for the DVS feature, which may be available for the DJM 2000 Nexus as well, but only maybe baby ;) I am also thinking about adding up a DDJ SZ to my setup, because I just learned that the DDJ SZ is able to handle Serato DJ, Traktor (DDJ SZ + Traktor Timecode only with Windows) and also Rekordbox, all softwares even with timecode. This is a great option to be that flexible in the choice of software.

In my opinion, the root of the problem is not Rekordbox, it is Windows, trust me :D :D :D

Ben Kenobi 0 votes

@Daniel > It has nothing to do with the software being "new," but you are correct that the culprit is more likely Windows than rekordbox.

@LoboDan > Unfortunately you will not be able to link the players via USB as that method is not supported for linking -- only HID control of software (such as rekordbox, Serato DJ, Traktor, etc.) My recommendation for you to troubleshoot further is to connect one CDJ via the DJM's connections and the DJM to the computer to see if you can connect to just that one device. You can also follow some of the troubleshooting steps here, ensure that you are on a PRIVATE network configuration with your wifi disabled.

Pulse -1 votes

Hey Pulse, just figured I'd check in here. Still having the problem... I get that in the big picture I'm just 1 person and it's not a priority, but from the comments we can see I'm at least not the only person - and of course not every person having the problem is gonna show up here in the forums either.

Have the devs looked into this at all? I know it's probably more of a Windows problem than a RekordBox problem, but its still depressing that after all the money I forked out for mysetup that I can't use it properly the way I want to.

I really don't want to, but if there's nothing more you guys can do I might just try re-imaging my computer

T-Top 0 votes

Quick question to add... do you know what it's supposed to show up as under Device Manager? Been looking but can't seem to see it there, but when I turn the DJM on and off, Device Manager does flash indicating it's showing up there

T-Top 0 votes

No, it doesn't show up under the device manager if connected via ethernet, only if via USB, and you would need to have the proper drivers installed. Which method are you trying to use?

Pulse 0 votes

Ahh, ok thanks - I've been using Ethernet, haven't plugged a USB cable into it.

T-Top 0 votes

Just ended up reinstalling Windows and going back to Windows 7 and dealing with the nightmare of reinstalling everything for 2 weeks. Hope you guys sort this out for other people having the problem.

T-Top 0 votes

Hey T-Top,

Hated to see you had to do all that just to establish successful link with the DJM-2000. There is just no need to embark on such an endeavor though, as Pioneer DJ should have done something about this by now, and provided the support we need. One would have thought having THE top-tier mixer would almost certainly guarantee a solution. Its disappointing to say the least.

I can not and will not downgrade to Win7. My respects to you for doing so.....

LoboDan 0 votes