Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

Rekordbox CPU Issues Anyone? Skipping Audio

Anyone else having issues with rekordbox skipping when playing music and browsing collection?

I cant even highlight other songs in my collection without the cpu spiking and creating an audible skip on the master out.

Would love to know if anyone else is having this issue, and if not what are your system specs???

My system:

OS X El Capitan

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

SSD

David Sage

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

I have similar problems, and I have seen that others have it to. The CPU is sky high and there are glitches in audio totally random. I play the same tracks with Traktor and Virtual DJ without any problems. I use the DDJ-RX with the software on a late 2010 2-core macbook pro.

Right now I have a totally unusable setup to play outside my own apartment!

Hopefully the next update will fix these severe problems.

Fredrik Orre 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Just like you wrote David: it would be interesteing to hear from someone who has been able to perform live with Rekordbox DJ software, and their system specs.

If I need to buy a new Macbook Pro I would definitely consider it if that will solve the problem. OK.., I want a new Mac anyway ;).

Fredrik Orre 0 votes

This is killing me too. Its getting worse as well.

It works fine without the DDJ-RZ installed but the moment I connect the mixer the CPU Usage goes through the roof.

Angel Valle 0 votes

I can't believe this is even an issue. You'd think first and foremost you avoid this type of behavior from software that is meant to play music at the best quality. It's even more amazing that almost 6 months later this is still a problem. It is literally unusable professionally and quite honestly even personally. Simply scrolling through my collection make a track skip relentlessly as the CPU sky rockets.

David Sage 1 vote

Im having this problem on a mbp i7 8GB its  tip top no virus's, disks fine, loads of disk space, everythings upto date ,latest firmware etc. Ive had my ddjRZ since november 15 and its all worked a treat ,always updated everything. Then on saturday night i go to have a mix with my friends, after a couple of mixes the audio starts clipping cpu goes nutz then it crashes, kept doing this so i tried work arounds ,changed the sample rate ,changed the wave speed to medium, only used 2 decks instead of 4, switched the sampler off, only used folders where the tracks had been cued and grided. Got a few more mixes out of it ,then it crashed again . Now it crashes almost immediately ive wrote a ticket ,hopefully pioneer can resolve this otherswise im going to have to take it back which is a shame as when it is working properly its a beast and way more fun than an S8 and cdj's if anyones got any other tips or recommendations please post thanks

jordan mills 0 votes

I recently (just last week in fact) switched from using Traktor hardware and software (for 5 years I think) to a new Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and Serato. 

I know this is a Rekordbox dj forum... I'm getting there :-)

So, the transition to Serato was kinda rough for me so I'm trying Rekordbox dj through it's free trial period. Man, I love this software! It seemingly includes the best from Traktor and Serato!

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same kind of skipping sound you all reported. It happens to me at random times; so much so, that I can't trust it at a gig yet. I'll have to use Serato until this issue is resolved. 

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM; no audio issues with Traktor or Serato on my laptop.

Mario McQuay 0 votes

Go to control panel-audio-speakers-advanced and lower the sample rate, maximum should be 48000,if it still persists lower it again,this should fix the problem.

marcus weaving 0 votes