Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Dvs ? where is it ...

Almost in feb  .... getting exited !!! no teaser video planed ?

DJBM

Official comment

We don't have a fixed release date yet - the demo at the NAMM show was to exhibit the functionality and to get feedback from customers.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

24 comments

Yes! I can't wait! But not only vinyls! we need timecode cds as well and maybe a soundcard? If I have a soundcard from older timecode system will it bi compatible with rekordbox?

giannis mavridis 0 votes

i don't think it will work with non pioneer gear :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

Maybe maybe not because rekordbox can see every soundcard... We will see! :)

giannis mavridis 0 votes

Going by the article in the first link it says it's in beta test and set to release by this summer 

BriChi 0 votes

No release date you guys where saying dvs pack soon back in October 

DJBM 0 votes

Correct; we don't currently have an official release date for the public.

Pulse 0 votes

If there is a beta, it would likely be through a closed-beta much as rekordbox was with the Early Adopter Program.

Pulse 0 votes

Was there an external box at NAMM or will we be locked to Pioneer mixers with this?

Dan Moore 0 votes

There is no external box, the current road map only features Pioneer DVS-compatible products (such as the DDJ-RZ, DDJ-RX, and DJM mixers).

Pulse 0 votes

RE:

Official comment

The official answer is "coming soon."

Mark February 12, 2016 14:30

Soooo... it's another month in....

Are we there yet ?

Are we there yet ?

Are we there yet ?

:D

c.

Christoph 0 votes

Well played...

"

Last updated 2016-03-22

Current version: 4.1.0
March 22, 2016

Changelog:

NEW
-rekordbox dvs (paid feature).

"

Silly question, as it's a bit unfortunately worded here - re pricing:

--------------------------------------------------

Buy

Buy rekordbox dj to unlock its performance features
and add rekordbox dvs.

$129.00 (w/o TAX)

Subscribe

Get a monthly subscription and use all rekordbox dj's
performance features including rekordbox dvs.

$9.90 (w/o TAX)/Month

--------------------------------------------------

So the subscription model has DVS enabled...

And the "Buy rekordbox dj to unlock its performance features
and add rekordbox dvs" for the purchase option - please confirm if that means DVS is included as is...

Or if "and add rekordbox dvs" means you would have to purchase it for 99$, on top of the 129$ for Rekordbox DJ ?

Also, what about info about the control vinyl...? Does it work with our Serato / Traktor DVS records...?

Cheers.

c.

Christoph 0 votes

Eh, djworx did the research (http://djworx.com/the-tables-have-turned-rekordbox-dvs-out-now/) and worded it

"you’ll need to own rekordbox DJ (€139) and add rekordbox DVS (€109), or subscribe to the app for €10.90 per month which includes DVS. And to top it all off, you’ll need rekordbox control vinyl (RB-VS1-K) for €15.99"

So as an owner of a compatible DJM, I would have thunk Pioneer would be more interested to get people, especially people who already have the necessary ecosystem, on to Rekordbox DVS...

But, with the above pricing, of €263.99 (to be able to add RB to my arsenal and evaluate it long-term) or evaluate it for ~€30 for 4 weeks (after which I'll either purchase the above, or continue the subsciption model... eh... no... thanks....btw) to first of find out IF Rekordbox actually is the alternative I hoped for to replace my current maintenance & DVS hub, I'll pass as that is MUCH too steep imo either which way...

c.

Christoph 0 votes

You beat me to it -- yes, all the information you have posted above is correct; the DVS is included in the subscription model, and is also available as a 30 day free trial. If you want to test it with a CDJ or other media player, you have the ability to download a wave file of the control tone so basically you can test it for free, albeit not on vinyl.

To achieve the same results with Serato, you'd first need to purchase a license for Serato DJ (currently on sale for $99, regularly $129), then add DVS support ($99), or buy the Club Kit for $169 which has both. Oh, and add timecode for $29 a pair, and you're looking at $198US on the sale pricing.

So really, rekordbox is on par with Serato for pricing, and I understand the hesitation in spending the money to jump over to a DVS system you're unsure of, but if Z-Trip and Q-bert (and all the other letters of the alphabet) like it, then I'm sure there's a reason for it!

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the reply what is a difficult topic...

I can only talk for myself as a customer looking to settle on a DVS software and rebuilding my workflow & file/tag management attached to that, after being with my current Traktor Scratch Pro for years and playing on Serato regularly where there is Serato compatible gear...a few venues and the radio I have a show at that is.

But to the point - I know it's your job to portray Pioneer & their products well, but, as of today:

263.99 EUR     =     295.104 USD

Which makes:

Rekordbox costs (to play on Pioneer's own gear): 295.104 $US

Serato DJ cost (for 3rd party mixers): 198 $US

So the statement "rekordbox is on par with Serato for pricing" isn't quite true... unless you consider a ~50% higher price to be 'on par'... which for me it is definitely not.

Also, one important point for Serato - if you have their gear, you can use their software, SSL & SDJ, without purchasing the software for 100s of $s... so the real cost in that case is ONLY that of the DVS vinyl, so the above comparison is ONLY true, if I want to play with Serato on third party gear... i.e. a Pioneer Mixer...

So, a more realistic comparison is this:

Rekordbox costs (to play on Pioneer gear): 295.104 $US

Serato DJ cost (for Serato's own Mixers): 29 $US (i.e. the price of a set of DVS vinyls...)

And now we're looking at RB being 10 times more expensive all of a sudden.

So yea, a company as established and wide spread as Pioneer will have to take some criticism for the pricing, and I as a customer will not add RB DVS to my short list for now, even though want to switch, and I have Pioneer gear at home and regularly play at Venues with certified/compatible DJMs...

c.

Christoph 0 votes

rekordbox ($129US) + DVS ($99) = $228

Serato DJ ($129US) + DVS ($99) = $228

Looks like "on-par" to me (when you don't count the sale price or "club-pack" pricing).

Or... you can try rekordbox + DVS for a month for only $9.90.

Pulse 0 votes