Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

14 followers Follow

Rekordbox DVS (non pioneer mixer)

I just want to know, if i have the rane 62, can dj with RB?

After purchasing the future update DVS

Do I need such as something like serato box?

Thank you!

Don Don

Please sign in to leave a comment.

50 comments

How hard would it be to put the DVS tech from the mixers into a box anyway. Seems like a no brainer.

Dan Moore 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse comparison isn't correct.
Apple allows Windows on their computers (bootcamp).
Moreover the comparison isn't good because in this case, just wanted a system to use rekordbox without Mixer Pioneer. For example a sound card manufactured by pionner.

In this time I have two cases:
- I LOVE rekordbox and the way it works easily.
- BUT most of the clubs do not have hardware that let you use rekordbox (with Pen or Link) and therefore I have double the work (preparation live set in rekordbox and tractor) because I OBLIGATORILY to use my sound card with traktor in places that haven't equipment Pionner .

Cristiano Alves 0 votes

Agree, Christiano.  I have everything duplicated in Traktor and it is annoying.

I've been waiting for Pioneer to release an external sound card before I upgrade to the dvs.  It would make life so much easier!  I know it can be hacked using other external sound cards but I'd like to keep it Pioneer for the support and compatibility.

Please please please release an external pioneer/rekordbox sound card for the dvs.

ES 0 votes

The analogy to Apple computers is not strong. A better analogy would be this: imagine a musical instrument company produces a new synth keyboard. The keyboard is specifically designed to only plug into a sound-desk produced by that company. But many venues don't have that sound-desk, so keyboard players ask the company to either 1. produce an interface that they can bring to any venue, or 2. make the keyboard compatible with all sound-desks.

I think we'd be shocked if a company made a synthesizer that would only with one model of sound desk?

Brent Silby Maestro B 0 votes

Please do make a DVS sound card! It will beat Traktor and Serato BY FAR. Love the Rekorbox Performance software! 

TonyLACES 0 votes

I hope they do.  I sold my serato as it just seems to be much more buggy than it used to be (scratch live days) and I've been hoping pioneer release a dvs sound card as I much prefer dvs, although it's been a while since it's been out and nothing.  I'm on the verge of going the Traktor route as I use turntables and an analog pioneer 707 mixer which I love.  I know many turntablists that won't deviate from their mixer because it becomes such a personal thing having spent years practising on it.  The sound card is the only missing piece of the puzzle.  I don't get why pioneer won't release one or at least offer official support for a third party manufacturer.

Please please please release a sound card for the turntablist community and others who would use it.

Maybe Pulse can shed some light on the situation???

ES 0 votes

The request is in, but we don't have any official comment on whether or not such a product will come to market, sorry. The good news is almost any audio interface CAN be used with rekordbox dj!

Pulse 0 votes

So I can use a kontrol A6 and use Rekordbox? Are you serious? That will be the greatest news of the year!

TonyLACES 0 votes

YMMV; I said "almost," and there's no guarantee of performance.

Pulse -1 votes

I also tried the I 62 with Recordbox and dvs, everything ok on Mac, Windows 10 and surface Pro 4, you can only use in internal mode, there is no support for external, if you select this mode, you can not insert the output channels, and after a few moments you see, any available audio device. So on Mac performance they are good, but obviously using vinyl Serato you will have an irregular fluctuations bpm. Hopefully in the future there is also the support for this mixer

Zazadj 0 votes

@Zazadj

I also noticed the BPM fluctuations - do you think its because of the vinyl? - have you compared with the RB vinyls?

I am getting lots of bpm drifting, no matter how precisely I calibrate etc., what makes the beatmatching very hard when comparing with serato & serato vinyl...

Some comparison would be great.

Marek 0 votes

@Marek
Unfortunately I can not try recordbox vinyl, here in Switzerland are not yet on sale, you have to order from outside Europe, I love this software, great to combine with Serato or tomorrow maybe use it as the primary software with mixer Rane, the problem is that I use both Windows and OS X, but as I described in my previous post, Windows or the ASIO driver of the 62 internal use only mode, the dvs working but the output is only directed on input channel 1. Nothing external mode. Returning to confirm that BPM have an incredible drift.

Zazadj 0 votes

@Pulse, When it will be possible use the Dvs to other mixers no-pioneer?

Sagit7ter 0 votes

As I pointed out, some other audio interfaces (eg. an SL-3 box) will work for some aspects of the software, but non-Pioneer DJ audio devices are not officially supported, nor do I expect there will be any announcement officially supporting 3rd party devices. So at this time, no info, sorry.

Pulse 0 votes

What interfaces out there have been working well? Which Serato boxes have peopled used playing out? 

A lot of venues have a built in serato box and turntables and non-pioneer mixer.  Would be nice to be able to use those without rewiring and bringing all my own gear.

I wish pioneer would realize the huge need for something like this.

DJ Chase 0 votes

I have been using Rekordbox DVS with a Traktor 8 soundcard and Rekordbox control Vinyl and it works ok. I've noticed an occasional glitch where the beat skips.

The big question for me at the moment:

1. What external soundcards do Pioneer recommend?
2. What external soundcard have others tested and recommmed?

I'm a bit of an audiophile so I'm looking for the highest quality soundcard. Pulse, can you please answer question 1?

Simon Cordiner 0 votes

Unfortunately our recommendation is to use a Pioneer DJ product -- I haven't dealt with any other audio interfaces for DVS use, and can't make any suggestions officially or unofficially. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse - thanks, that at least clarifies that Pioneer didn't make or don't intend to make an external soundcard for use with other mixers. Which is fine and understandable.   

Simon Cordiner 0 votes