Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Midi Mapping Denon SC3900 Numark V7

Cant get either of these to trigger midi. also

I tried the mapping of the DJM-T1 that pulse posted, but that didn't work. If i go in and start mapping it myself it works though.  

Jason e

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

Sounds like a problem with your devices - are they recognized at all?

Please try an application such as MIDI-OX or MIDI Monitor to diagnose if your computer is receiving the appropriate signal(s) from those devices.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

rekordbox does see the devices. I can select the device, select the command and learn, but after I set it nothing happens. It doesn't trigger the command. And like I said I tried the map for the djm-t1 that you built, but your hex commands are different than mine when I map it myself. If I import the file you made, I get no function, as soon as I start to map the T1, it will play those commands

Jason e 0 votes

Which firmware version are you using on the DJM-T1? They DID provide an updated version with 3 layers of MIDI control...

Pulse 0 votes

Hmm... I wonder if it has anything to do with my unit being a pre-production model...

Pulse 0 votes

maybe... I really want to get rekordbox to map to these denon sc3900's. I've mapped um to serato and traktor, but I really want to start doing everything with rekordbox. And can't wait for the DVS to be released.

Jason e 0 votes

The only thing(s) you won't be able to map are the jog for vinyl control, pitch bend, etc. Most everything else is mappable. It's sort-of like Serato in that regard, they've kept full control for specific products.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok so i downloaded midi ox and can see commands coming in and out, but I still can't get rekordbox to see the device.  it just doesn't learn when i try to teach it.  

Jason e 0 votes

Maybe Pioneer sees the "Denon" name and says "Nope! Ignoring you! HAH!" ;)

Do you have any other MIDI devices connected when that happens? I know I was trying to map my NI Kontrol F1 and initially I couldn't figure out why it was detected as a device but wasn't sending MIDI signal ... then I realized it wasn't in MIDI mode. :p

I'm not sure if the Denon has a similar function; the unit may be recognized but not actually sending MIDI signal, but if MIDI-OX recognizes it, maybe you need to assign it to another MIDI channel, try CH1?

Pulse 0 votes

god damn sad face :( I'll keep plugging away at it to see if I can figure something out. If not it has to be rekordbox not up to it just yet.

Jason e 0 votes

It's worked with everything else I've thrown at it, have you checked the MIDI channel?

Pulse 0 votes

yeah, I've tried to set it with anything from 1-6 just to see if it would pick it up. Still no luck. I'm sure it's just something simple that I'm either overlooking or some **** like that. Or mabe no one like denon anymore

Jason e 0 votes

yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. I mean since they just stopped doing anything for a couple years while they sold out to another company.

Jason e 0 votes

That's not to say that the unit shouldn't still send a standard MIDI signal and rekordbox recognize it. There's got to be something overlooked...?

Pulse 0 votes

yeah, it has to be. I mean if I can map it with traktor, serato and virtual dj, rekordbox has to work. I mean I would hope so.

Jason e 0 votes

You don't have a Pioneer device connected while trying to map the 3900, do you?

Pulse 0 votes

no. I've tried with the djm-t1 and without. I also have the rane 62 that is recognized.

Jason e 0 votes

The T1 wouldn't be what I consider to be a supported device the same way a DDJ-RZ is, so that wouldn't affect it.

Either way, you still can't map the jog of the Denon unit anyhow, so it would only be "so" functional.

Pulse 0 votes

true. And I should stop trying to make it happen. That is why I use the sc3900 and the numark v7, just for the plater rotate like a turntable.

Jason e 0 votes