Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Anybody having problem in relocating files in rekordbox dj with osx el captain?

Problems with relocating missing files

Sam DeeJay

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

Nope, done it a few times. Singe files and in batches, all works fine.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Why I can't relocate the missing files in my rekordbox, i have el captain osx the latest update and the latest ver of rekordbox

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

What seems to be the problem?  Can you please post a video for reference?

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Some tracks are selectable but the requested one's can't select wierd

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

@Sam > You can't use the search until you have first used the "quick-look" to preview it; this is a bug with OS X.

Pulse 0 votes

So its from apple's side, is there anything i can do to make it work? Thx

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

Yes - as I posted, use the "quick-look" to preview the track, then you can load it after the search results are returned.

Pulse 0 votes

till now i still face the same problem with rekordbox i cant relocate my missing files its been like 7 months and it is so hard using this software and i ve updated my oxs to

10.11.6 ,so pioneer company this is so unacceptable u should fix this bug i posted a video about that in this conversation i have thousands of files !!!.

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

@Sam > If your tracks require relocation, either you've moved them yourself, or you use iTunes (with it set to organize your files for you) and made changes to the metadata, causing the location of the files to move.

If you moved them yourself, chances are it was a "mass move" as most people don't simply move one or two files around. You can select all your tracks and use the relocate tool to find them, selecting the first track, then answering "yes" when asked if you want to use that current location to try and find all the other tracks.

If you moved them individually (or in groups) to a variety of different folders, yes, you will have to spend time relocating them yourself - but this is not a rekordbox problem, this is a problem you created yourself by reorganizing your music files AFTER they had been imported to rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

I know all the steps you are talking about ,but one of the steps is missing is that the tracks in the relocating search box aren't readable how i can then select the new path tell me? Everything was fine till i updated to el captain osx ,the tracks arent readable in the search box tool , and we talked about it and i posted video for u , u told me its a bug from osx el captain and tell now I'm still suffering!!!

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

@Sam > Yes, and if you use the SEARCH to find it, you need to work-around by using the "quick view" to load that song first, then you can select it as the result.

Pulse 0 votes

Mate i have thousands of files it cant work like this ,and why i should do this? Why it cant be like the normal work flow like before updating to el captain osx is it our fault? You should solve this bug between u and apple its not our fault its been like 7 months and it is hard, i tried your way it didnt work for me .

Sam DeeJay 0 votes

@Sam > Try updating to 4.2.1; I just tried this on both El Cap and Yosemite and it worked:

- right-click on any missing file, select "relocate"
- use the spotlight search at the top right of the finder window to search for the file
- select the file after the results are returned
- click Open

You'll be back at the collection window with your track relocated.

Pulse 0 votes