Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

cdj850 error e-8306

I've just got a new 500 gb ssd usb3.1 (samsung portable ssd T3).  

Tried exporting tracks from Rekordbox to it after formatting as FAT32 in disk utility (Mac)

The tracks seem to export fine, but I'm getting a e-8306 error when trying to load the tracks on my cdj850s. The playlist shows fine - it just won't load the tracks.

I tried playing a wav that I added outside of rekordbox on the same drive and that played fine.   

Mark

Official comment

My recommendation is to go back and re-format the drive, ensure it's formatted with a Master Boot Record when in FAT32 format, and give it a name you've never used before with rekordbox. Re-export a few files and make certain the files are within the required format for the CDJ.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

You find a solution for this problem ? i have this problem too :(

Tode 0 votes

Sadly no - I'm having to carry around 2 separate USB sticks with the same files on incase the venue has older cdjs... 

Mark 0 votes

ok - I'll try that.  I assumed that the issue was that its an SSD.  Could that be possible? 

Mark 0 votes

No, I've used an SSD without issue (Samsung EVO850 formatted HFS+ in an external USB3.0 enclosure)

Pulse 0 votes

ok thanks - I'll try it out right now then.  

So it should work with the older CDJ900s too? Ive had issues with those and the same SDD drive too 

Mark 0 votes

Tried what you said - reformatted as Fat 32 with master boot record.  Getting the same error / USB error 

Any ideas? 

Mark 0 votes

I just messaged one of the DJs on our demo team who uses the same model, he has his formatted FAT32 and has no issues with it, but never with a CD-850. I'll see if I can get you more information this week as we'll be at the NAMM Show and can test it out.

Pulse 0 votes

that would be a great help - thank you.  Worth noting that I have trouble with drive on the older 900s too 

Thanks again - looking forward to hearing back ;) 

Mark 0 votes

hey - any update on this?  Would be great to be able to use it by the weekend 

Mark 0 votes

Sorry, we didn't have a CDJ-850 on hand to test it, but it could simply be a limitation of the drive not being read properly by the player. Unfortunately Pioneer DJ can't guarantee the performance or reliability of all USB devices used with our players as it's not possible to test every product on the market for compatibility.

Pulse 0 votes