Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox won't show history from my USB

After last update Rekordbox doesn't show any history-playlists from my USB. So when I've played a set on CDJs and plug my USB into my PC again, it says that it loads the history from my USB, but when it's done loading, it doesn't show any history-playlists in the playlist folder of Rekordbox like how it's supposed to do. I've got that USB pretty recent, but I formatted it the right way, So there can't be anything wrong with that. I also checked the history folder in rekordbox, but it was apparently empty... Can someone please tell me if/how I can still obtain the history-playlist from my last set?

Aris Schoute

Please sign in to leave a comment.

27 comments

@Aris > Have you tried checking the history folder on the device itself?

In rekordbox, click the triangle beside Devices, then click the + beside your USB device name, then click the + beside the Histories folder, all histories are located within. You can then right-click to Import that history.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I tried that, but there isn't anything like a history folder located on that USB.
http://imgur.com/dnXPSfi As you can see.. no history folder. Even within the folder 'afspeellijsten' (Dutch for 'playlists') there are only playlists that I exported to the USB when preparing my sets...

Aris Schoute 0 votes

Is there a chance your history is disabled on the CDJ? Are the history items showing when you load the USB drive on your CDJ?

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry for not responding...
I already told you that there aren't any history files located on the USB drive. They don't show up in Rekordbox, but also not on a CDJ. I've played sets on at least 4 different CDJs (at different locations) and every time I connected the USB to Rekordbox on my PC after I played those sets, they didn't show any history folder.
I never had any problems with my former crappy 32 GB USB drive. Even though it was slow as sh*t, it synchronized history files with Rekordbox every time I played a set on CDJs. But since I've got two new 64 GB Sandisk 3.0 USB drivers (both with their standard FAT32 format), I never retrieved any history folders anymore. Is there some who knows what the problem might be?

Aris Schoute 0 votes

@Aris > Sorry for the delay, the engineers have asked if you could provide the following information:

1. A file in your USB device:
 PIONEER/rekordbox/export.pdb

2. 9 files in the computer.  
 File name: datafile.edb, datafile.backup.edb, datafile.backup2.edb, datafile.backup3.edb,

ExtData.edb, ExtData.backup.edb, ExtData.backup2.edb,
ExtData.backup3.edb,

For Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
   For Mac:  ~/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

File name: rekordbox3.settings
    For Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
    For Mac:   ~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox

Thanks!

Pulse 0 votes

Following this and want to open the topic again. Have the exact same problem now as described above. A bit annoying that the topic starter didn't respond anymore.

Would love some help with it

Using RBox5 with brand new Sandisk ExtremePRO 32GB SD cards. On the cards, no history folder and also nothing saved to RBox. When I put the cards in my Mac I see the message 'loading histories' but nothing happens. Option in Preferences>SDJ & Device>Device>History is marked on.  Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance!

Patrix 0 votes

@Patrix > If you are using an export USB device in a rekordbox computer, the history is not stored.

If you are using the export USB device in a CDJ or XDJ, it would help to know the model you're using and the firmware version installed.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse: Thanks for your reply.

I'm using SD cards ( Sandisk 32 GB ExtremePRO) with CDJ's (in different clubs) and Rekordbox 5.6.0 on a Mac (latest version).

After coming back from my gigs, before, in Rekordbox 4, my histories were automatically saved to my histories folder in Rekordbox on my mac, now that I started using Rekordbox 5, they are not saved anymore.

Option in Preferences>CDJ & Device>Device>History is marked on.

Patrix 0 votes

Have the same problem and I believe that I know what's causing it, hopefully you will be able to come up with the solution.
I'm working with the latest Rekordbox on Windows 10 computer. As a home setup I have an xdj-rx2. Recently I started as part time resident at a beach bar and they have cjd2000nxs2 with djm900nxs2, lovely is the word I have to add.
Since it's not only me who using this set up I wanted to save my cdj settings and use them every time I'm on decks, nice plan I thought. Did all as instructed on couple of YouTube videos and usb memory worked fine. I managed to load my settings at cdj easy.
So, later on after the set I did tried to make some changes with playlist with a help of play history. On my surprise there no history on USB memory. I used the same one before and I always had it. So I plugged the same usb memory in to xdj rx2, did not load settings since it was already set to my preferences and after playing few songs there it was inside when I browse the history from xdj, history 1.
If someone will ask is the option inside of Rekordbox with import the play history automatically, yes it is.
So obviously what's creating the problem are the settings that are imported in to the cdj from usb memory and they are created with Rekordbox.
Hope this will help..

Vladimir Jevtic 1 vote

@Vladimir: thanks for adding this to the convo!

I'm also using the 'My settings' option on the CDJ'S when im playing to set the players with my preferred settings. I have on CDJ at home at the moment to try things out. Will try to play some tracks without loading my settings into the player to see what happens here. Maybe it's a bug.

Back soon with the answer!

Patrix 0 votes

Ok, I played a few tracks from my SD card on the CDJ without loading My Settings after putting the SD card in but it seems that's not the issue.

When, after that, I put the SD card in the card slot of my mac, I see the window with the progress bar popping up and it says 'Importing Histories" but the histories folder is after that still empty, unfortunately.

Patrix 0 votes

Good Morning from Germany,

i'am having the same problem. Rekordbox says its importing, bute the Folder is completly empty. 

I am using the XDJ RX and an USB Stick from Kinston DTEG2.

Daniel Zimmermann 0 votes

So, I still have the same problem. Everything works as it should be but after playing last night, I put my SD card in my MBP, the window with progress bar pops up but no histories in the history folder in Rekordbox.

I also tried right-clicking on the SD card in Rekordbox and choose Update Library but that also didn't work.

It's frustrating but I still hoping to get some help here.

Patrix 0 votes

@Patrix > Are the histories showing on the SD card itself, either in the player or within rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

No, I don't see the play history anywhere. I did a search on the SD card but no file or folder with the name History or histories there also.

The Rekordbox sidebar:

Contents on the SD card viewed in Finder:

Patrix 0 votes

Can you be more specific? When I'm playing, tracks are marked green but where should there be a folder with Histories on the CDJ?

I don't have a CDJ at home so I have to check when I'm on the road.

Patrix 0 votes

Were you playing on a CDJ from that SD card? It would record the history to the SD card itself.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, I used one SD card and played on two linked CDJ2000 Nexus2. 

If it records my history to the SD card, why can't I find it and doesn't it get transferred to Rekordbox?

Patrix 0 votes

Then yes, it would have stored the history on the SD card until you brought it over to rekordbox, where it should then be transferred over into the rekordbox history. Have you checked that it's not already in the rekordbox history or as a playlist?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, I checked all folders, playlist etc. but unfortunately I can't find it. 

Till rekordbox 5 I didn't have any problems with this also, every time I plugged in the SD card into my Macbook, it transferred the Histories into the Histories folder.

I just updated to 5.8 and hoped that would do something but still not.

Patrix 0 votes

Are you using Export mode or Performance mode, and do you have this option checked in the preferences (Export only):

Pulse 0 votes

I'm using export mode and the option is checked indeed.

Someone in the Facebook group adviced to reformat the SD and try again so I will do that. I don't see any other option/possibility for now.

I'm also in touch with Jeroen from the Dutch office so if reformatting doesn't work, I guess I have to dig deeper in it with him.

Patrix 0 votes

Hmmm, that is unusual - you didn't by chance have the write-protect switch toggled on while it was in use in the CDJ? That would have prevented the history from being recorded...

Pulse 0 votes

No, write protection was toggled of. Normally when it's toggled on by accident, it doesn't read the SD card at all, so that's a good check that it's in the right position.

Patrix 0 votes

hi everyone,

so I am in a similar situation now and still not found a solution. The history feature was working absolutely perfectly up until around 6 weeks ago.

Now when I load my SURVIVOR stick back onto my laptop, it begins the loading history feature. BUt each time it seems to bring an incomplete list of what I know I played.

And I know I haven't changed any settings in preferences and I've been using the same SURVIVOR stick as well.

I did have one question which may explain why now the history lists imported are becoming more and more incomplete. Does each history playlist physically take up space on the playing stick..? I'm just thinking as I'm around 10 gb from maxing my 128gb usb stick so maybe because of lack of space it cannot upload the full history list anymore..?? 

I've tested on my xdj rx2 (now updated to 1.37) and on the nexus 2 models that are at the bar I am a resident at. It's definitely not the devices it all seems to be pointing to the stick. Only other thing I may consider is using a new stick.... 

Also one other thing I noticed as well. Besides the history section in rekordbox I noticed an extra HISTORY feature appearing on the actual USB device. This is a live playlist that updates with each track I am playing....IT  was before listing in order each set I was playing. Now this also seems to disappear too once I've imported. The old ones are still there but nothing new since

artemis hajigeorgiou 0 votes