Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Can You Shift/Move Loops using the CDJ2000 Nexus?

Say I set an 8 beat loop in loop mode. I want to shift the loop to the next or previous eight beats of the track without exiting the loop and re-looping. Is this possible?

MStP Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Damn, this sucks, gotta be said. It would be great to be able to do this.

elastic1 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

I would really like to do this.  The two main features that I find missing, and the reason I continue to use Traktor, is loop move, and loop activate (meaning, an existing pre-set loop).

Even if this is not possible via the CDJs, being able to have and then midi-map this functionality would be fine.

Bears1000 1 vote

+1 moving the loop is much needed. Sometimes you loop up but you realise you looped the wrong part, and you can't go back. That is very annoying.

elastic1 1 vote

I agree. For me I like to be prepared and have loops set where I like them.  But during a set I typically don't remember to activate that loop at the perfect time. I usually activate it in the middle of the loop, which is possible and easy with Traktor.  From there I sometimes move the loop. Richie Hawtin is the master of this. I am merely a beginner DJ, but I think his use of this functionality is what is missing in Rekordbox.

My main issue, with the absence of this feature, is that it requires perfection. This functionality allows the set to be tight, without having to perfectly drop the loop.

Also, being able to activate the loop without having quantize on is nice. That way perfect loops can be activated while still having the freedom to activate non-quantized cue points.

Bears1000 1 vote

Seriously man?! This is such a crutch. Literally the only reason I haven't bought CDJs. Pioneer get it together!!! Why not just crush Traktor??? You guys will make more money if you do this..... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Matthew Kinney 1 vote