Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

BUG REPORT preview volume 4.0.7 & still happening in 4.0.8 [Win7] [SOLVED ON NOV1 RELEASE!]

On Win7 (not sure if it's happening on Mac) when first opening rekordbox in export mode and playing a track via quick preview waveform the audio level is wayyy too low. Play the same or any other track on the player up top and the volume is normal. Click the waveform preview again it's still low- the only way it goes back up is to click the output volume fader at the top and the preview all of a sudden goes back to nominal level. 

This only ever happened in 4.0.7 never come across it on any of the previous versions. 

*edit now also happening in 4.0.8

maDJam

Official comment

It's been an issue that was solved / not solved / solved / not solved several times. Glad to hear it's working for you!

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

33 comments

I'm on a Mac and I'm not experiencing this issue.  I will ask Pulse to test this out since I do not own a Windows machine.  

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@maDJam > Have you set the level in the preferences?

What is the output device you're using?

Are you in performance or export mode?

Pulse 0 votes

Hey guys- export mode while sorting playlists, levels are pre-set in preferences... it just takes a little nudge on the output volume (as in the screenshot above) to get the quick preview back to normal level. 

After restarting rekordbox the preview level goes back down again- only ever happened in 4.0.7 Win7

maDJam 0 votes

Can you tell me what the output audio device is when that happens?

Pulse 0 votes

Happens on both Windows Audio & ASIO outputs... more harsh on the Windows Audio (like -25dB where as ASIO is prob -12dB)

maDJam 0 votes

Check your settings, guys.   Preferences > Audio tab

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Norbert > You are using Export Mode.  My image shows Preferences while in Performance Mode.  In Export Mode, there is no separate Preview volume control.  The volume slider in the top right corner of the main window controls volume of the deck(s) AND the preview track.  If you are experiencing a difference in the volume of the deck(s) and preview track, please record a video and upload it (not public) to YouTube and share the link with us.  I will then pass it along to the engineering team for review.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Norbert > Thank you very much for the video.  I can see why this is a problem.  I will pass this along to the engineering team.  I will post any updates here in this thread.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Then we'll see how long that lasts until then I'll be the vers. use 4.05.

Norbert Niesing 0 votes

Thanks for the video Norbert- same exact issue here as well also in Export mode.

Also big thanks for your help Mark ;)

maDJam 0 votes

Dear Mark i have the same problem i wacht video but i couldnt find the solitions on this how i can fix it ? This my preferences audio setting My windows is 10 and my rekordbox version is 4.0.8 if you can help me i ll be greatfull thank you .

ovguata 0 votes

@ovguata > We do not currently have a solution for this problem.  The engineers are working on it.  Thank you for your patience.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Yes super first leave again are the problems in the rain innovations purely throw and the people.
Yes test driver for Pioneer my dream job

Norbert Niesing 0 votes

FIXED
-Verbesserte Stabilität und fixiert andere kleinere Probleme.

Norbert Niesing 0 votes

15 updates later and still not fixed the problem ??

What's happening ?

Norbert Niesing 0 votes

I can confirm that yes, this still exists, but has not been corrected. The engineers are working to isolate the issue in order to create the fix. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

Engineers were able to locate the issue and a fix will be included in a future update - not necessarily the next release, but it will be coming!

Pulse 0 votes

Anything on this? 4.2.2 update and still have the same issue.

Jamie Asterixx 0 votes

Yeah the preview volume fader is still a problem- kinda just made it a habit to click on the fader after launching rekordbox... even 4.2.2- until the next one hopefully ;)

maDJam 0 votes