Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Massive Syncing slow down issues since update

Hi all,

So i updated to 4.07 recently and since then, when clicking Sync to my (various) USB's... sync starts as normal, and then after around 30 seconds... grinds to a halt.

I've tested a variety of USB's, and they all do the same.

I've tested with small playlists, and the same issues, so it's not a volume problem.

I've tested copying a variety of files onto the USB's on 2 difference mac book pros. And copying is not a problem.

Even my extremely fast SanDisk Extreme 128gb 3.0 stick is painfully slow, as an example, I could sync around 80 gig of music in a matter of minutes.

Now it takes around 15 hours!!! This is not gonna help for my next gig.

PLEEEEASE HELP :(

Gareth Davies

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

Sorry to hear that, are these new USBs meaning are you syncing them for the first time?  Also have you verified that they are FAT32 formatted?

Jay 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I'm having the same issue, but mine will "time out" after 20 minutes or so.  I'm using 256GB Kingston flash drives.  I've used these drives for a year or so, so it's not a "first time" sync.  These drives are FAT32 and have been working great, but now adding a new playlist can take all day....

Hockeymetz 0 votes

@Hockeymetz > Any "time out" is related to your operating system, not rekordbox as the file transfer mechanism is through the OS itself.

You may consider formatting the drives and trying a full export again.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey guys,

I've been a happy Rekordbox user for almost 2 years now. Everything was syncing fine prior to the update. My main stick the SanDisc Extreme 128gb was always lightning fast. 

As I stated, I have fully tested copying other types of files on my machine, and they are functioning as normal. I have tested the sticks on other machines, and they are functioning as normal. This is a Rekordbox issue. And a very strange one.

The sync starts at full speed, then drops to below a snails pace. It still syncs, but takes several hours.

In reply to your recent suggestion, the sticks have also been formatted to test if this was a problem, leaving myself with no music for a gig.

Look forward to your response

Gareth Davies 0 votes

@Gareth > Which version did you have before updating to 4.0.7?

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Whatever the previous version was. I use the software on a weekly basis for gigs and update whenever I receive a notification 

Gareth Davies 0 votes

Thanks for down-voting my last comment, that really doesn't change the information contained therein. :p

The reason for a slow export the first time after updating to 4.0.6 is that it is sending many many additional small files to the USB device for if/when the drive is used in a CDJ-2000NXS2 device.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse... surely that shouldn't take 10 hours though!?

Anyway, after the new 0.8 update it seems to be pushing the sync through fairly normally now.

Gareth Davies 0 votes

@pulse how can Pioneer release updates that will totally mess the transfer speed without any prior notice when so many DJs like me use it to work. Do you think there's time to wait 10 hours when I'm updating the USBs before a show??

Jimi Bazzouka 0 votes

@Jimi > After the initial export, every future export will be the same speed it was before.

I'm a DJ as well, and I make it a rule to get things updated and tested days before big events, not the day of, for that exact reason.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse not exactly true. I just changed a few tracks in a playlist, and the sync is taking like 30 minutes again, after i synced many times. I believe it will get to normal speed after I update every file in the database with those new NXS2 data and sync the keys again; but that would take forever. Good for you if you have time to plan things things ahead. Again, it would be the least of customer care that Pionneer warns users that this will happen before updating. You even tried to find another reason when those other people mentioned the issue, like bad formatting or whatever before admitting that it was because of the update.

Jimi Bazzouka 1 vote

@pulse so, i've been doing multiple syncs since I posted here. It's still insanely slow. Today I added 2 tracks to my library, took 45 min to sync. I'm using the same USB i've been using over the past 2 years, always worked fine. And I believe I'm not the only one with that issue seeing a lot of people online reacting to a post I made about the issue. So what's the deal??

Jimi Bazzouka 1 vote

@Jimi > Have you considered formatting the USB drive and re-exporting? I have updated rekordbox several times, added and and exported new tracks multiple times without it taking nearly as long as you describe.

Pulse 0 votes