Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Where to get Rekord Buddy?

Unfortunately Rekord Buddy isn't available anymore through the iTunes store. Does anyone know anywhere else I could download it? I have 2000 tracks with the downbeat cues off by half a beat on half of them. Very frustrating.

Gleb Budilovsky

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

2,0 is in public beta i believe, it may be filled though. the company is next audio, google it

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

it is not yet available, but the beta was presented at the NAMM, so it should be released soon

Julia O 0 votes

The beta is extremely limited access.

I've contacted him and he said he has no clue when it'll be available. Could be months. Anyone have a way for me to get it in the meantime? He also said it is no longer available for sale.

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

The Beta was limited to 50 I believe. It is available for sale if you previously registered account with Next Audio site but I don't think Damien is activating new accounts for now.

The Beta is rolling along very well though as he is super fast with the updates and fixes with new versions every few days. SUPER impressed to say the least. I can say without any reservations that you have nothing to worry about. I myself was concerned with the time it took for Private beta but now seeing it pan out I can see he is just a perfectionist and will NOT let this thing go live until it is 100%.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

BTW the sale price is $3,000 anyways unless you have the discount code provided to the ones lucky enough to grab one.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Glad the beta is going well, but that doesn't help me now. The $3,000 price isn't appetizing to me. I'll definitely be jumping into it once more beta applications are open, but that doesn't help me at the moment. When you buy a $2,000 mixer with barely usable software that can't correctly mark the beginning of a track, you get a little pissed and desperate. :-\

Shame on you pioneer, seriously. 

I don't understand why he took the first version down...Anyone know where I can download it?

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

Are you planning on moving to Traktor? That is the only software RB 1.0 converted to. I have it but it is not something that can be transferred between users unfortunately.

I can 100% understand your frustration and TBH I have been using Serato to create all my beat grids and such since day one (back when SSL used Ableton bridge to introduce them) thus I never had to rely on Rekordbox or Traktor for beat grids etc. This required a bunch of editing as well though as it does with Traktor TBH. Nothing is perfect but I am going to be completely honest and say overall I have known RB & Traktor to have even better at beat gridding and analyzing tracks.

Hopefully we get this software pinned down sooner rather than later so it can be released to the public but again Damien is amazing at what he does and I have full faith he will not disappoint ................ and this is again based on actual progress I have seen.

BTW the $3000 is to do exactly what it is doing.......... deter people from purchasing it. He was more or less looking for people who were interested in getting Rekord Buddy to work as opposed to those who are simply looking for early access I am sure you can understand.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Yeah I'm aware why he has the $3,000 up there and I'm not knocking that. I just find it odd that he took down the original version. Quick way to make a few bucks while people wait. I've seen several posts across other forums of people complaining about that as well. 

Thanks for the responses. I'll just bite the bullet and attack a hundred tracks a day or through rekordbox to regrid everything.

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

He took down the original version when things went awry due to new updates and new versions of Traktor & Rekordbox. Instead of letting people download it only to be disappointed by issues plaguing the software. To me it speaks to his character than instead of taking your money now with a chance of you being disappointed he will instead hold off for a product that is (to the best of his ability) good to do with all current versions of software.

Not trying to split hairs or piss you off. Just trying to provide an alternative POV is all :)

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Ahhh now that makes sense. I didn't realize it wasn't as functional anymore. Oh well, starting from scratch tonight. As always, thanks for your help Deejay Dave! 

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

I have the last version of rekordbuddy released before the take down (1.7.something I believe) and it works perfectly with my rb 4.0.5 and traktor 2.6.8 (I move data from rb to traktor). To be honest I am not anxiously waiting for the 2.0 version. I wont' buy a 2.x version until the 1.x really stops working for me :)

Julia O 0 votes

Yeah it only affects some type of files and such. Just as a side note both your rekordbox and traktor are out of date by at least 2 versions each. Traktor especially just had a huge update allowing stems for all devices via gui display.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

yes they are out of date because I never update to the last versions to avoid bugs and instability. many years of experience taught me to not trust last releases of any software in general and especially of the software produced by native instruments and pioneer, they have a horrible track record of buggy releases :D by the way I also stay one version behind with the OS of my computers ;)

in 4.0.6/4.0.7 there's nothing that i need, the small bugs that affect me are not fixed and there are a lot of troubles syncing the usb sticks. same for traktor, I don't care about stems and new controllers at all so I stay with 2.6.8.

Julia O 0 votes

What are you trying to do with Rekord Buddy?

I wrote my own conversion tools for Traktor & Rekordbox so I might be able to help you out..

I don't have anything for working with Serato so I can't help you there.

Beekir 0 votes

I stay behind on os as well but stay very current with software unless there is a huge problem and also get involved with the betas whenever possible. Just as a FYI this is a perfect example of why rekord buddy 2.0 is not yet available as it is buggy and anone who is involved is under the understanding they are there to get it right. room for all types though :)

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Julia, I'd love to snag a copy if possible! 

Beekir, I'm trying to get the beat grid and cue points (more importantly beat grid) from my serato library to Rekordbox DJ. Rekordbox is notoriously bad at beatgrid analysis :-\

I'd love to try out your software if possible. I'll convert my stuff to traktor tonight.

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

hi gleb, no that's not possible. that's paid & licensed software. 

Julia O 0 votes

I don't see the problem in sharing if something is no longer for sale. I'd even paypal him the $7. Anyways, thank you for all of your help!

Gleb Budilovsky 0 votes

As long as it is obtained from a person who has permission to sell or share it then all is good. Unfortunately the end user license does not allow this. This is something you would have to take up with Damien at Next Audio.

Deejay Dave 0 votes
I don't see the problem in sharing if something is no longer for sale.

The problem would be that it's illegal :)

Regarding the $3000 hack, I'll be the first one to admit that it's not ideal but it's the only way I could quickly filter people for the beta and not waste too much time learning how to modify the site to do it properly. I'm sure people would prefer I spend the time shipping 2.0 which has been long overdue.

Damien Sirkis 0 votes