Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Cue within an active loop

Hello,

When I have a loop active in Rekordbox, it won't allow me to add a cue point within the loop.  I have this feature in Serato, and it's handy if I want to catch a bass or snare part of the loop with a cue point within the loop.  Rekordbox won't allow that.  Is there a way around this?  Thanks. 

DJ LOUDOGG

Official comment

Sure it will.  It's referred to as a hot loop.

Create the loop.  During playback of your loop, press any Hot Cue button. 

Your loop can now be recalled instantly from any position in the track.

Mark Gallo
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

Thank you for the prompt response.  That's close to what I was getting at, but I was referring to being able to still use cue points while the loop is active.  not sure if this picture will help.  Not sure if you can tell what I'm doing here, but this loop is active, and Serato still allows me to use hot cues while the loop is active.  If I hit hot cues, the loop stays active.  Can Rekordbox do this?  It would be nice if we could.  Please let me know what you think.  Thank you.

DJ LOUDOGG 0 votes

Ah, I see.  You want to be able to jump around WITHIN the loop while still keeping the loop engaged.  No, rekordbox does not currently have this capability.  

While in a loop, pressing an existing hot cue will disengage the loop, jumping to the hot cue.  pressing an empty hot cue button will load that loop to the button as a hot loop.

Is this something that you use frequently?  If so, can you tell us how often?  

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response.  I tend to use it quite regularly, although I think there are ways around it.  If it would be something to add in an update, that would be great.  When I have a loop running, I like to be able to grab the snare, or bass part of the loop to help me manual beat match the current playing song, without exiting the loop.  Not sure if it's something you guys can add in the future, but it would be nice.  This is just a tool I like to use when I'm manually beat matching...just how I mix.  Thank you for your time. 

PS. Every gig I've done so far with my DDJ RZ and Rekordbox, has been stable and without any hiccups.  Thank you!

DJ LOUDOGG 0 votes

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll be sure to pass your request along to the product team.  

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Hi Mark,

Have you heard by chance an update on this?  Is it something that may be rolled out in a new update?

Thank you for your time.

DJ LOUDOGG 0 votes

Sorry, no update yet.  As moderators, we don't typically have prior knowledge of the details of updates before they are made available.  Thanks for your patience.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Hello, I see a new Beta version is out...any idea if this is going to be incorporated in the future?  It's a really nice feature to have and Serato has it.  Thanks!

DJ LOUDOGG 0 votes

Also keen to know more about this. Previously used Djay2 and pressing a hot cue (thats located within a loop) did not disengage the loop.  Was very intuitive.

Craig Colville 0 votes