Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

How much longer to wait for WAV TAG & MAINLY COVER ART In Rekord Box

just wondered as most other DJ software supports WAV cover art and tagging how much longer we have to wait for this feature in rekordbox. A previous reply did state it is planned, and I'm a little surprised such a trivial feature is not supported in rekordbox

Thank you in advance for your reply  

Johnnysh

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

If you use Aiff files album art would work. Wave is not designed to work. Aiff or Mp3 always work. Aiff is the same as Wave

Bobbovisions 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thank for your reply 

but you are wrong! You about to learn something new!

I use to use flac's and AIFF file though can't stand the sound quality 

all d/a converters work best with wav files as the are PCM and need no conversion or decoding.

serato DJ works fine with the new generation of wav file that support cover art and unlimited tags

i don't need to go backwards and start converting my files to flac or aiff

i just can't believe record box does not support wavs with tagging and cover art, though I know it's coming.

for the very best quality there is only one way WAV WAV WAV

Johnnysh 0 votes

Yes it does not make sense to go back. I had to use Aiff from the start because I was using the Pioneer MEP-7000 and only Aiff showed album art in stand alone mode without a computer. The Aiff sound quality is good to me. Aiff is a apple format and Wav is a PC format they are both the same(uncompressed)

Bobbovisions 0 votes

The only difference between WAV and AIFF is that the latter supports metadata. Both uncompressed, same sound quality.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes

Your wrong !!!

BOTH WAVS AND AIFF support tagging and COVER ART

I'm not sure how many more times I have to keep saying the new generation of WAV files support both unlimited tagging and COVER ART

Johnnysh 0 votes

What do you mean by the New Generation of Wave Files?

Bobbovisions 0 votes

New generation of WAV files support meta data being written to the end of an the existing WAV file. Thus not changing the WAV audio part in anyway and keeping the existing WAV quality, but on the end it has all the meta data tags and cover art.

you will need to find the right programs that support this new WAV file structure but for starters serato does Sony sound forge does, and a few good tagging program does.

my djcollection was all flac and due to not liking the sound quality of flac I have moved most of it over to WAV, the only reason years ago I went flac was due to the tagging and keeping it lossless as wavs never use to support tags but they do now.

What a shame record box does not support it yet, but support has said they will in the future just don't know how much longer we will have to wait

Johnnysh 0 votes

Maybe ? but I don't think it will be long though!, Serato support it and have done for a long while and it works just fine, They have been one of the biggest players in the pro software DJ scene for as long as I can remember. So in my eyes that's a big vote of confidence in this format. Sony Soundforge pro audio editing software in their latest ver.11 also support. Two very big companies with serious reputations, I would say this pretty much now a recognized tag format. 

And about time too. 

Audiophiles are now recognizing WAVs as the purest format for archiving and listening to highest quality music. The limitation in the past of NO tagging was a major draw back but not anymore thank god!

Just need pioneer to pull there finger out, though My CDJ2000s have never support FLACs! And I notice the new CDJ Pioneer hardware is now supporting flac format after years and years of requesting flac support for CDJ2000s

So I guess with Rekord box I will not hold my breath with New Wav Tagging support any time soon.

Johnnysh 0 votes

How long do i have to wait? We are writing 2020! Competitive products already know!!! A huge disappointment with the Pioneer brand!

József Szita 0 votes

@Jozsef > You'll have to wait until someone standardizes metadata tags for WAV files.

Pulse 0 votes