Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Rekord box/traktor

I am having issues with rekord box. The issues is the software is 90 percent off beat. For example in quantize when you press a hot cue does not start on beat most of the time no matter what is selected for the beat value. Currently I am using traktor with a TSI that was created on DJTECHTOOLS for this unit. Currently the version has no bells and whistles but the cue points start when the buttons are pressed and the beats can be juggled with no problems. Currently the version 4.8 is not usable. Are there any work around to correct this issue or am I have to dump the software. I understand the platform is in the infancy stages but when advertising makes the software look good it's not being represented properly. I want what was advertised. At this moment I have a unit that can not be used because of the in consistency of the software. Please help!

Ron

Djronnievee

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

If your files are properly beat gridded and your hot cues are properly set, nothing should be off beat.  Please post a screen shot of a track that is "off beat" showing the beat grid markers.

Mark Gallo 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

There is nothing wrong with the beat grid, it's about response time of the buttons within the software.  I have the latency set at 512 going lower or higher does not change the timing. In some cases it sounds like the button is being triggered twice

Djronnievee 0 votes

My mistake I forgot to say Ddj rx running Windows 10 with a duo processor and 8g of RAM

Djronnievee 0 votes

This is most certainly an isolated incident.  First, please make sure you are using the latest DDJ-RX firmware and have the latest drivers installed.  You can find them and instructions on how to apply them here.  Please take these steps and let us know if you are still having issues.  Thank you.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Drivers, firmware, software are up to date. Where can I post a video?

Djronnievee 0 votes

In both cases quantize is enabled, with it off it does not even come close. For some reason it seems as the pad double tapping.

Djronnievee 0 votes

I'm having the same issue on a Mac. It seems that if you hit a Hot Cue button late the software always snaps to the next grid instead of moving it back. Even when the previous grid is closer it snaps to the next grid.

The play button and releasing the platter snap as you would expect.

Paul Cruz 0 votes

@Paul > That's a known complaint we're hoping they will address in a future update.

@Ron > Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "does not even come close" ?? Is that good or bad?

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same problem, it is a delay when you press the Hotcue. In Traktor when you press Hotcue goes straight and does not fail.

javierjrl 0 votes

Paul thank you for clearing the matter up, I was expecting it to function the same way as traktor or Serato

Djronnievee 0 votes

I just heard BMW released a car before the software was ready and the company extended the warranties,  This should happen in this situation.

Djronnievee 0 votes

@javierjrl > Chances are you have the quantize enabled with a 1-beat setting; either disable the quantize or set a lower value.

@Djronnievee > That's good news for BMW drivers.

Pulse 0 votes

Changing the value will close the gap of quantize but the function is not the same as traktor snap.

Djronnievee 0 votes