Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

EQ Kill Switch on Rekordbox DJ

Hi! I would like to know if anyone managed to recreate some kind of EQ kill switch for Hi-Mid-Low channels.

An old mixer of mine and I know Traktor can do it. I think it's super handy to instantly switch basslines live without having to turn knobs, but to instead press buttons.

Is this possible? And if yes, how?

I'm using an DDJ RX with Rekordbox DJ Pro

Many thanks in advance!

Suits on Sneakers Answered

Official comment

@Boy > Scott, is correct.  Isolator mode will give you a complete kill when turn the knobs all the way left but there is no button to press to engage this.

EDIT:  I was incorrect.  There are kill switches on each channel.  You can engage them by pressing the little dot near each label.  

Mark Gallo
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

Do you have an option under Settings -> Controller -> Mixer called EQ ISOLATOR?

If so I believe this should do what you are a looking for (Full EQ KIlls).

Map up a few midi buttons to trigger?  I know this was at least possible in Traktor but have not tested that portion of the midi mappings.

Kompiler 0 votes

@Mark is there anything in the Rekordbox roadmap to make this possible? Because if it's mappable on the RX/RZ performance pad, that would kinda be a big deal! I think alot of people would like to swap functions (like the performance filters).

Suits on Sneakers 0 votes

No, sorry.  It's not mappable.  However, I will suggest this to our product planning team.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

There are kill switches in the software, they are the little tiny dots next to the high, mid, and low knobs on your screen.  You can click on these with your mouse as a kill switch.

Shawn Overstreet 1 vote

Thanks Shawn!  You just taught me something new.  I'll edit my previous answers.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Pioneer, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, add midi mapping for the Mixer's EQ Kill buttons/switch in Rekordbox. This is MAJOR because there is not EDM song or DJ that doesn't use or need an instant EQ buttons/switch. There is no hardware button on Pioneer mixers or controllers, but if it was you guys could make it Midi mappable or assign a "One Button" keyboard mapping, that would be just as good. The original guy who initiated is thread was correct, Trakor's EQ buttons/switch are Midi assignable.

Will you add Midi mapping for the Mixer EQ Kill buttons/switch?

Alex Lawrence 0 votes

Still no mappable EQ kill. The whole Rekordbox mapping system is 100% garbage. Of course, Pioneer don't improve it because they want to sell their own gear, and since they are industry leaders they get away with it. LAME.

Manuel Fernandez 0 votes

@Manuel > Sorry, calling something "garbage" because it doesn't have the one feature you want that only a handful of users are asking for is rather childish.

I'm sorry there hasn't been an EQ kill added to the keyboard or MIDI mapping yet. It's on the request list, just not prioritized very high.

Pulse 0 votes

Fair enough, saying it's 100% garbage is a bit much, because basic mapping capabilities is better than nothing at all all, but coming from Traktor and other platforms it's glaringly obvious to me that Rekordbox is designed to be as closed as possible—not one of Pioneer's controllers features EQ kill switches therefore Pioneer management strategically mandated that these parameters not be mapable, lest third-party controllers provide a better workflow or features than Pioneer's own. I was really hoping to use an auxiliary MIDI controller to access some of the features not available on the DDJ-1000, but apparently it's not always possible. The best thing that will ever happen to Pioneer is some competition.

Manuel Fernandez 0 votes