Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

DDJ SB bugs with rekordbox dj

ok shift + autoloop (roll) will restart the controller im having some issues with the bpm, in the same track it goes from 135 to 103 then maybe 150

setup toshiba satellite i7 8gb win 10 ddj-sb1

Lico Aschero

Official comment

Hello all DDJ-SB and SB2 users,

Please use rekordbox 4.1.2 or later to use it with your DDJ-SB and DDJ-SB2.

If you still have any issues, please let us know.

Thanks, 

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

31 comments

Ive reported this on the ddj-sb2 here

Still no answer.

wrt to the bpm change did you analyze the tracks with dynamic option? If so, it is my understanding that that's normal if the tempo, indeed, changes in the course of the music.

Might happen too, if there are section (like intros) with no beats and this is why you should check the beat grid across the whole track and adjust accordingly.

Tiago Fortuna 1 vote

This may be a bug.  I'm going to create a support ticket for this and keep you both posted with any updates here in this thread.

@Tiago > I'm going to close your original thread since this seems to be the same issue and it's easier to update you both simultaneously. 

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Damn I've just recommended a friend get this controller for RrekordBox DJ. Hope this gets fixed before I look a little silly.

(KB) Kieran Bowley 1 vote

dont worry, its just a bug....they will fix it soon i guess, anyways it only happens the first time you select de roll/hot loop, then it will select with no problem

Lico Aschero 0 votes

UPDATE: i just updated to rekordbox 4.07 bug its fixed now, thanks

Lico Aschero 0 votes

@Lico > You SHOULD be using 4.0.8 as it's the latest version.

@Tiago > Please be sure you are using 4.0.8 as well.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Hi Lico, 

Did you update rekordbox to 4.0.8?

Do you still find the issue in 4.0.8?

Thanks,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 votes

@Mark

I've only started using rbDJ (trial for now) because i've seen support for the 4.0.8 on the 26th last month (the update was on the 24th) otherwise i'd be stuck to Serato which doesn't quite feels the same to me (it's like using win xp :) ) 

I did forgot to mention that though.

But since i'm using it and i'm interested in it (even if only recently started the hobby), i'll help while I can.

PS: if pionner finds a way to enable slicer (even if across pads using deck 1 and 2) i'd buy it without hesitation ;)

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

@Tiago > You could manually map the SB2 to control the slicer via MIDI learn, but this is more for advanced users.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Here's one more suggestion then, since that MIDI programing is out of my scope :)

Move the Trans effects from the FX "bank" to the actual "PAD Trans" button (useless with RBDJ at the moment) and use the 4 pads for the "Slicer" function.

Make a note only 4 beats can be used if it can't be expanded to deck2 pads for the full 8beats (although I think at least 16 beats can be configured but 4 would be cool already)

Thanks for passing the suggestions and Pioneer for listening.

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

@Tiago > Please keep in mind that while rekordbox dj does support the DDJ-SB2, the SB2 is a native Serato controller.  This is why some of the functions may appear to useless in rekordbox dj.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I am aware of that and I'm not complaining @Mark

But that pad trans button could've been mapped to the specific button. Just makes sense (to me at least) because it is the same FX too.

TBH, is also of marketing on ddj-sb2 (even if it is a Serato controller) so I fail to understand this decision but again, just a suggestion (we all want to improve, right?).

I'm happy with the controller and rekordbox nonetheless so don't take the "useless" as harsh as it may have sound. It wasn't really my intention.

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

still no update, bug its there with the current version and firmware, its a must at least for me to purchase it

Lico Aschero 0 votes

@Lico > Are you using version 4.0.8 now?  I'm confused since you're saying it was fixed and now it's not fixed.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Mark > yes mark the first time i opened after the update it worked just fine, then i wrote in here, then i opened again the program and the bug is still there, hope to be usefull RekordboxDJ 4.0.8 and the firmware of the SB is up to date

Lico Aschero 0 votes

@Lico > Does this happen all the time or only with certain tracks?

Also, if your track is changing BPM, it is probably because you Analyzed it using DYNAMIC mode.  You should be using NORMAL mode.  Only use Dynamic mode for tracks that have a variable tempo, such as music played by a live band or a track that features tempo changes.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Marc > doesnt matter the track its always the first time you press SHIFT + AUTOLOOP/MANUAL LOOP

Lico Aschero 0 votes

I've already mentioned that. And again, after that, its solid but that first time resets every single time. You don't even need to load a track and it happens on both decks too and shift+sampler and shift+hot cue

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

@Tiago > You're saying pressing shift+sampler and shift+hot cue also restart the controller??

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Yes, shift hot cue, shift auto-loop, shift+ manual loop and shift+sampler

all reset the ddj-sb2. But only at first combo you press, after that you need to restart rekordbox to happen again be it with the same combo or another one i've mentioned.

no need to load a song and deck used doesn't matter

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

@Tiago > Thank you for the details.  I will pass this information along to our engineers and hopefully we will have a fix for this soon.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Yes, it does, and the engineers are aware and have found the cause, but it will need an update to both rekordbox and the SB/SB2 firmware in order to be resolved. We don't have a timeline for this update so in the meantime the engineers suggest using the work-around of engaging any of the combos which reset the unit before you start performing.

Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 1 vote

@Mark @Pulse,

This seems to have been corrected on 4.1.2 (no fw update on the ddj-sb2 as written above).

Tiago Fortuna 0 votes

Hey thanks for writing back regarding this issue, I hadn't tested it out yet myself, but I'm glad to hear they were able to implement a fix without the need for a firmware update.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey Pioneer - DDJ-sb   Not working at all with newest Rekordbox...... Controller being Bypassed and music playing out speakers/into mixer but controller obsolete.

Controlling thru laptop and no cue function etc at all working in controller - fix plz?

Jus Jade 0 votes