Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Rekordbox Mac 4.08 Star Rating

The star rating from iTunes for single tracks appears in rekordbox on Mac for the whole album. Also, the changes in rekordbox for the star rating are not saved. Bug?

Oliver P.

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Changes in rekordbox. But the bigger problem is, that the star rating set in iTunes for one titel/song of an album comes in rekordbox for the whole album - every titel/ song has the same number of stars. One of my important criteria to classify my songs is not useable. So i can not use intelligent playlist based on stars.....

Oliver P. 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I'm not sure I fully understand - can you give me a walk-through of your workflow and how you replicate this error?

Pulse 0 votes

If I set a rating for an individual track of an album in iTunes 12 on the Mac then even that assessment is given in recordbox automatically for each track of the album. So it is not possible for me to us the rating for smart playlist for all tracks with (for example) 3 Stars because mutch more tracks are in the playlist than i expect. 

Oliver P. 0 votes

2. Pic iTunes first track 5 Stars; 1. Pic rekordbox all tracks 5 stars

Oliver P. 0 votes

Hello Pioneer. No idear? No comment? Is it a bug? Is it not a bug? Any information?

Oliver P. 0 votes

More than one month... to verify a bug.... no comment. Change to an other software?

Oliver P. 0 votes

@Oliver > After much testing, both the engineers and myself are unable to replicate the issue; any time I've updated a single track's rating in iTunes, then come back to rekordbox to refresh the iTunes listing, the entire album only shows that one track as changed.

Can you please test using the latest version of iTunes and rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

Right/control click on the track, go to "Get info from iTunes", should update id3 info.

Mikey S. 0 votes

I have the same problem.

When giving stars to single titles in iTunes, the album get automatic average rating. The difference in iTunes is the colour of the stars. If you rate an album by yourself, it will get blue stars. If the software (iTunes) rates the album, the stars are grey.

You can see this in iTunes album view.

The problem with Rekordbox: After sync all of the titles that have not been rated by hand will get the average rating given to the album.

Second, but more a feature request: Write star rating done in Rekordbox back to iTunes Library.

Michael Doepke 0 votes

This is still happening for me. Newest version of Rekordbox, iTunes, macOS etc as of this posting.

Can we get an update? Makes star ratings basically useless...

Erin Keeffe 0 votes

I've asked the engineers to investigate this one again; they were previously unable to replicate it.

Pulse 0 votes