Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox 4.2.0 crashing on startup

Hi, 

In some serious trouble here. I have gigs in the next 24 hours and I have just upgraded to the latest Rekordbox 4.2.0.

Every time I open the program it comes up with the following message:

"rekordbox quit unexpectedly"

I have done the following or have the following setup:

> Running on MAC OS X Version 10.7.5 (Latest)

> Nothing connected to apple mac

> Usually run in conjunction with cdj2000's

> Restarted computer

Can anyone please help?

Resh Singh

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

I just updated also, having the same issue and have a gig this weekend. Now i can't access the program. Is the a way to revert back to the previous version.

Please help?

morehouse.nyc 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Downloaded 4.2.1 and installed. Closed when prompted to update to 4.2

Open rekordbox and fixed!

morehouse.nyc 0 votes

Hi, 

Just updated my Mac to OS X EI Captain (Latest Version) and ReckordBox 4.2 seems to be running fine. 

Will hook up to decks and see if there is any issues. Will update accordingly.

Thanks for the link though. Appreciated. 

Please note: When upgrading to a new OS this may take 2-3 hours. Even though on the screen it says 30mins.

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

Guys, I can't stress it enough -- if you have an upcoming gig, DO NOT UPDATE ANYTHING. Not your operating system, not your DJ software, not your antivirus ... NOTHING. If everything is working properly, why are you risking that with an unknown update days or hours before a gig? I am the first one to say that users should update their software and firmware to the latest versions ... if and when things are not working, but again, if you are about to go and do a job where you are being paid for your performance, make sure your tools are working properly, don't upgrade them until AFTER.

THAT SAID...

If you are having problems with 4.2 but haven't updated your operating system, please try that first.

Pulse 0 votes

Agree Pulse. Lesson learnt. 

I usually do wait for a few days / weeks but didnt think to check how new this update was. 

Assumption! < Don't do it. 

Thanks for the advice.

Resh Singh 0 votes

It's not that serious.

I agree you should not update a software that you will be performing off of before a gig but if your using rekordbox for managing files for use on cdj's then an update should not stop you from performing if it doesn't work.

Rekordbox also pops up with the update when you open it making very easy to select without giving it a second thought.

morehouse.nyc 0 votes

Hi,

Quite a few problems with 4.2 over the weekend.

> Particular track would cause the CDJs to display an error message. 

> CDJS froze on a particular loop point.

Had to re-start cdjs to get things working and play tracks off usbs. (The ones which were not working from my laptop).

Pulse can you provide me the direct link to download 4.1.2 and what is the best method to re-install this without losing my collection?

Thank you.

Resh Singh 0 votes

@Resh > It seems that there are a number of users who are having problems with syncing / exporting and we apologize for the inconvenience. The downgrade to 4.1.2 is recommended at this time for anyone with rekordbox 4.2.0 problems, you will not lose your collection.

You can always recover a backup database by restoring a previous, automatically generated, backup from within the rekordbox folder.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm having the same problem...crashing on startup. Where can I download the previous versions?  The link does not work and there are no downloads on the site.

Roy 0 votes