Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

All kinds of info not displaying on CDJ-2000NXS2 when connected to Rekordbox DJ

Hello - There seems to be a problem with combination of CDJ-2000NXS2s with Rekordbox DJ (v 4.1.0.0026) where the larger waveforms, phase meters, beatgrids, cue markers, etc. are not displaying on CDJ-2000NXS2s as shown in Pioneer DJ promotional video. All that's visible is the tiny waveform at bottom of each CDJ-2000NXS's display. CDJ-2000NXS2s are each directly connected to a fairly new MacBook Pro running OS X v 10.11.4 via two USBs. Please advise how to get this problem corrected. Thanks

HARO

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

Rekordbox hasn't been updated to allow full HID control of the NXS2 yet.

All those other features are available now if you play off USB / SD card.

Phil 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Is this something that is confirmed to be coming? Reason I ask is these are just some of the critical features I'm specifically moving to Rekordbox DJ for and are shown in Pioneer's very own promotional video (as screen captured below). 

HARO 0 votes

no, not confirmed by Pioneer but i can't see HID support not coming, it's already supported on the older models. i think it;s just a matter of time, maybe the next update?

I know browsing and loading tracks from the cdj2000 NXS1 is supported and also the bigger waveforms (which is all you can see in your screenshot) - i'm not sure exactly what else is likely to be supported though... 

Phil 0 votes

Thanks for info. Are you by chance a Pioneer employee/tech support? If not, where are the Pioneer employees that respond to customers on this forum? I'd like to understand why they are advertising something that the product does not do because the advertisement clearly shows full waveform on left CDJ-2000NXS2 when connected to RBDJ. 

HARO 0 votes

Also curious as to why the latest flagship CDJ-2000NXS2 was released not capable of  doing what older CDJ-2000nexus does (full waveform display when connected to RBDJ). 

HARO 0 votes

FYI: the 2000 nexus does not show the zoomable scrolling waveform when connected to rbdj

BriChi 0 votes

I've never used a CDJ-2000nexus with RBDJ so I wouldn't know, but Phil above indicates it does display this info. Can an official Pioneer tech support person please confirm what the correct answer is? Also, can an official Pioneer tech support person please provide info as to why the CDJ-2000NXS2 doesn't display this info even though that's what's advertised? Thanks in advance. 

HARO 0 votes

i own the cd-2000 Nexus and use it with rbdj to play around, the center is completely blank, the only time you get a waveform in the middle is using flash drives, sd cards or linked to regulate rekordbox, not rekordbox dj

BriChi 0 votes

Great. Thanks for info BriChi. 

Can an official Pioneer tech support employee please provide info on CDJ-2000NXS2?

HARO 0 votes

Understood on old CDJ-2000nexus (thank you). Now need official answers on new CDJ-2000NXS2. 

HARO 0 votes

i'm just a user like you. there are mods who answer queries but they aren't here every day.

i wasn't aware that the waveform in rekordbox dj didn't scroll. that's not very good.

to be honest, if you've got NXS2's then the last thing i'd want to do is tether them to a laptop - you are likely to lose more (functionality) than you will gain... they are at their best when used with USB/SD.

Phil 1 vote

"to be honest, if you've got NXS2's then the last thing i'd want to do is tether them to a laptop" – Respect your opinion, but there are specific reasons as to why we need this functionality, hence the very reason why RBDJ was purchased to begin with.

HARO 0 votes

sure. you can do what you want with them, just be aware though that some of the standalone functionality / features of the deck might not be available within the rekordbox dj software though...

Phil 0 votes

Understood, but we need and expect RBDJ to at least do what Pioneer has advertised it to do and what we actually purchased it for which is display information on CDJ-2000NXS2s as shown in promotional video.

Any idea how long it takes typically for an official Pioneer representative to address customers on this forum?

HARO 0 votes

I think it depends on the severity of the issue, this is low priority I'm sure for them

BriChi 0 votes

If true, that's very unfortunate news to learn, especially for a new customer. Never would've thought what is apparently false advertising could be even remotely considered a "low priority" issue. Nevertheless, I appreciate the info. Thank you.

HARO 0 votes