Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 followers Follow

mapping Xone:k2 to rekordbox dj, buttons do not work

Hello, I'm trying to midi map my Xone K2 to rekordbox dj. The knobs and faders assign fine an work. The buttons assign but nothing happens when I press them. Can anyone help? 

Also wondering if it possible to map a knob to change between hot cue / pad fx  / slicer...

Thanks

Hungry Man DJ

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

So frustrating. Had to switch back to Traktor because of this bug. 

Was really hoping to keep my collection in Rekordbox so I could DJ from my computer with the same library that I use to DJ in venues and radio stations using CDJs but it looks like it will not work.

This is making me more resolute not to buy Pioneer hardware!!!!

Hungry Man DJ 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

I think I may have found a solution to this. 

When mapping buttons in Learn mode I noticed the code in the Midi In column changes when you press a button. 

For example, Im mapping 'Play/Pause' to Button A on the Xone K2. I enter Learn mode and press button A. When I press down the following code displays '9E24', when I release it changes to '8E24'. And the value is then saved as the latter - '8E24'

I then manually changed the value to '9E24' and hey presto, it works. 

Haven't fully tested it yet, but thought I'd share, hopefully this helps

Matt Banton 2 votes

Matt, thanks so much!

Super frustrating that i have to do this but it works

Ricardo Garcia 0 votes

Hey Matt,

hey Ricardo,

i have two CDJs 900 NXS and a Xone 92.

Want to use all the nice features of RB DJ and think about getting a K2 and mapping it.

What are your experiences sofar?

Do you get most features mapped?

Thanks,

Björn

Björn 0 votes

Thank you Matt.
Your solution worked like a charm. :)

Regarding the initial question :
"Also wondering if it possible to map a knob to change between hot cue / pad fx  / slicer..."

It doesn't seem possible at this point but it would definitely help to be able to use the rotary encoders to cycle through the 16 pads of each section.

Allan Kikker 0 votes

Small tip. You don't have to retype manually correct midi value. Just hold the button and unclick learn. This will save pressed value.

Also encoders do not work at all. I think this is due to missing encoder type in Rekordbox. Pioneer, please fix this.

Mike Pardus 0 votes

I switched to Traktor some months back before Matt posted his workaround. I recorded 2 radio shows in Traktor with my Xone K1 & K2. Recently I was preparing to record another and had the set worked out. Then next day I was going to record the show and both my K1 and K2 stopped working in Traktor and Ableton, my laptop was just not seeing any controller input from either of them. 

Apparently this is an El Capitan issue with the K1 & K2. If you use these controllers on OS X, do not update to El Capitan!!!!!

This was the final straw for me so I bought the DDJ-RX controller. As annoying as it is to support a company who made it hard for me to use my choice of controller, the sound quality of my show recorded from Rekordbox is much better than the Traktor sound quality. IMHO, hardware that works for advanced performance out of the box is definitely worth paying for in terms of the time it saves programming hardware (which was many, many hours for me) and also the quality of that performance.

Hungry Man DJ 0 votes

Same here. I bought K2 for my DB2 and I've spend 2 month learning and prigramming it in Traktor which was a nightmare. Now I have new laptop. Installed everything again. Loaded my .tsi and.... for some reason I have now glitch which makes max volume when my upfader is down. I have to move it to reset it. Plus there is constant worry that something will drop on you. I had controller midi crashing few times already. I am fed up with custom programming. It is clunky, it is hard and it is faulty. Not worth the time. I am planning selling everything and purchasing controller form Pioneer. What I would love to see is some standalon controller without mixer as I love mine. Somethinng like D2 from NI just not from NI. I am oficially finished with this company. Even planning to get rid of maschine and buy push 2. Just to leave NI behind. They are really pissing me off with their porblematic software and for not listenig to people at all. Just waiting for Pioneer to tidy up rekordbox little bit more and I am gone.

Mike Pardus 1 vote

Yup yup!!

One thing missing from the Pioneer product offering is a standalone deck controller. Like one of the controller decks from the DDJ-RX. All their controllers feature a mixer. For someone like you is happy with their mixer, and maybe also their soundcard, you do not want to pay for another mixer and soundcard. You just want a quality virtual deck controller.

I am waiting to see if A&H release any update for El Capitan to fix these known bugs. If not I will ebay mine. I actually bought them so I could use them for DJing and a live dub mixing/production project in Ableton, but if they don't work in either they are no use to me.

A&H did not respond to my tech support request and their forum is closed. Its probably not their fault tho, its probably apple changing the OS in a way that is not backward compatible.

My latest mix, record with DDJ-RX in Rekordbox:

https://soundcloud.com/hungry_man/hungry-mans-hoxton-grind-meattransmission-15-08-2016

Hungry Man DJ 0 votes

Hallo Pioneer Team,

how can it be that Serato, Traktor, MixVibes and even Virtual Dj support all types of

Midi Player?
only the big player Pioneer does not get this to work
shame on you

Greetings Christian

DJ Mr.CK 0 votes

@DJ Mr.CK > I'm not sure what the problem is, considering rekordbox does support any MIDI device - just not for jog or pitch bend, that's reserved for Pioneer DJ products. Serato DJ is the same way.

Pulse 0 votes