Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

What about Artwork?

So i didn't use artwork at all. Then i had an idea. I made some artworks my self to add them on specific genres i have on rekordbox. The purpose is to take advantage of the cdj screen and see some precious info of the track when i am on a playlist, without hiting "info". So the artwork i made look like this:

etc...

And on the cdj screen, on a playlist, they look like this:

nexus

nxs2

The colors are the same, i have for the specific genre on rekordbox.

Great!

So, why the hell can't i export this artworks on my usb drives? I connect a usb, it does sync, and nothing. No artwork on the usb...

I tried 2 ways to update the artworks, 1st directly from rekordbox, and 2nd from Mp3tag (by updating the artwork only and then hit reload tags on rekordbox). Nothing works. I get the artworks only when cdj's are connected via lan, not on usb.

When i change anything else (key,bpm,rating... anything), it get's updated on usb drives, by syncing. Only artworks don't.

I also tried varius dpi on the jpg's. The files are very small, 10-40kb. Any advice - solution?

Anastasio

Official comment

@Razvan > Select a track and open the info panel at the right, then click the Artwork tab:

If you don't already have artwork on that track, click the little folder icon, then find the image file you want to add to the artwork for that track.

If you need to find the artwork, you can use Google or a 3rd party application that matches your music to the album art.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

I suppose you've tried to set the resolution of the images to 72 dpi? Also try to keep the images 500x500 px or 700x700px (these resolution and sizes are common when you get cover art of purchased tracks). 

Could be worth testing if you haven't already?

oakstream 0 votes

Hey oakstream, i did had the res at 72 dpi, but the size was 850x850 and 300x300. I try out also the size you recommend and i post back, thank you. Weird thing is that i can see the pictures when i play from my pc via lan, but can't get them to export to the usb drives.

Anastasio 0 votes

That is a quality idea mate! Will definitely be looking at using this once they fix the issue in the linked thread.

Sinclair Parkinson 0 votes

Well the problem seems to be with the sync for existing files (which i update only the artwork) between pc and usb drive. I deleted a track from my usb (not from rekordbox on my pc), then i just updated the artwork from inside rekordbox and did a sync with the usb drive. The track did had the artwork.

So i need to format the drives, update my artwork and then export all my playlists again. Till they fix the sync.

Anastasio 0 votes

That actually is a great idea you came up with, it looks very clean and clear and the color coding makes it easier as well.

Emir Mixtapes Santana 0 votes

hey @anastasio  any news about your ideea? more exactly have you found a way around to make it work ? it's a greaaat ideea, hoping for the best

Razvan Stancu 0 votes

Hi Razvan, everything is great. Sync works with artwork like it should. Just be sure you use only the "track name" tag and paste the full name there. So on the "track name" tag paste: Artist - Track Name (... Mix). Leave the "Artist" tag empty and you get on the cdj screens that what i posted.

Anastasio 0 votes

with the risk of sounding stupid, i would like to know exactly how to assign a artwork to a track, if you want we can talk in private if you would like to help me out, i want to do this on my hdd also, was thinking to assign colors to genre, if you want add me on fb i have Om Razvan and i would love to talk there, cheers mate! all the best

Razvan Stancu 0 votes