Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

problem rekordbox performance low volume on mac

hi i use rekordob performance connected in hid mode with cdj 2000nexus 2, the output on the apple is very low like -6 , with the pc is the same as usb. how i can set the volume in hid on mac?

KARL8

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

What are you using as your output device? Or are you sending the audio to the internal sound card?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

directly the cdj player connected in usb and then connected to a mixer  pioneer 900nxs2 in digital

KARL8 0 votes

I don't understand -- you're using a DJM900NSX2, it has a gain knob. Turn it to adjust the signal level for that input...?

Pulse 0 votes

wow gain knob......obviously it has gain knob, but the question is why with the mac the hid advanced output of the cdjnexus2 is -6db and with the pc is 0db like the usb stick? is there something to set in the rekordbox over mac to adjust the volume

KARL8 0 votes

No - when you are using the audio outputs of the CDJ or DJM as the soundcard, that's the output level. Is there a problem with adjusting the gain?

Pulse 0 votes

yes i have to gain a lot with the mac like plus 6db, the same system with the pc the volume is exactly the same if i use the cdj2000 with usb sticks

KARL8 0 votes

is something that fails in rekordbox for mac, because same rekordbox performance on pc is 0db at the output same volume of the usb sticks. if you gains a lot you add distorsion is a physical thing....so why the rekorbox on mac is minus 6?

KARL8 0 votes

The amount of undesirable signal or artefacts possibly introduced by adjusting the gain by +6 on a digital source is minimal. I'm sorry it doesn't match the levels when used as an audio interface for the PC or direct from a USB / CD source, but this isn't exactly a "problem".

Pulse 0 votes

normally we said that apple is better but in this case the asio pc driver is better

KARL8 0 votes

I got the same problem on MacBook Air

using rekordbox without any controller low Volume against Itunes 

sancinsam 0 votes

Have you tried adjusted the system volume (using the volume buttons on your keyboard) as well as the the volume slider in Rekordbox? The system volume is a separate beast from the app volume controls, this goes for both iTunes and Rekordbox.

lostnthesound 0 votes

In Performance Mode go to Settings - Controller - Mixer - Output level - Headroom - set it to None. Now speakers will be blowing full volume

DJ Ashwin 0 votes