Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Can't edit metadata for iTunes imports

Does anyone know how to edit the metadata fields for tracks imported via iTunes?  I can edit fields for tracks that I import from outside of iTunes, but anything originating from iTunes has the fields locked.  Thanks!

David Christopher Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Please check if the Tracks aren't write protected. And if you got the rights needed.

Are you able to edit these Tracks in iTunes? I had this as well and it was a matter of write protection.

Are you using Windows?

regards

Frank

Frank Richter 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

How did you import them? Did you drag them in from the iTunes item on the tree on the left, or did you use the Sync Manager to bring in a playlist?

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I just opened the iTunes menu in the tree on the left, highlighted tracks, and selected Import to Collection.

I see now that there is a Sync Manager.  I tried importing that way, and now I am able to edit.  Thank you so much!

David Christopher 0 votes

@David > If you import them the way you did before, they should simply import to rekordbox AND you should be able to edit them -- if you had tried editing directly when selecting from the iTunes tree, I'd expect it to be locked, but not after importing to the collection. Weird, but I'm glad you got it resolved!

Pulse 1 vote

this is all incorrect. As far as i have gleaned from extensive comms with pioneer you are only editing the data within the version of the track you have imported into your rekordbox COLLECTION from the iTunes tab. if you then sync your playlists from iTunes to rekordbox the metadata of the tracks inside any iTunes playlist you have changed (for example changing the genre on a track using rekordbox), it automatically reverts and resets  back to the original iTunes specified genre of that track. You have to change the genre manually again in iTunes and it will carry over to rekordbox automatically when you press that little refresh button next to the word ITUNES. Alternatively what you should do is open the sync manager and untick SYNC ITUNES PLAYLISTS. this still shows tracks in your playlists even if you start new playlists and or add/remove tracks from current ones but does not overwrite any data you have manually inputted in the track info slide once said track has been imported into your collected. 

Joshuadc 0 votes

Certain fields are not editable if Rekordbox is connected to CDJ/XDJ via Link.  It seems all songs are locked, and not just the songs loaded onto one of the decks which seems weird.  This feels like a bug to me.

Gary Little 0 votes

Can confirm Gary Little´s comment from June 02 2019.

It is not possible to edit certain fields, among them the Comment field, in Rekordbox while Link is active.

It makes sense to disable editing of currently playing tracks through the Link feature. It seems like a bug that all tracks have disabled editing,

Vidar Moe 0 votes

While the link is enabled, the edit is disabled as this prevents the file from becoming corrupted due to access by multiple processes.

Pulse 0 votes